Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Paint Party Friday..

 
One thing I'm really pleased about at the moment, is that I'm getting pages finished for Hannah's little vintage quote book.   I hope you don't get too tired of seeing them!
 
I'd love to finally be able to give it to her and am wondering if that day will ever come.
 
Since painting and sketching inside it, the book isn't getting as 'fat' as it was with embellishments and a lot of thick gesso layering etc, but I'm sure there will still be some lumps and bumps to go into it yet.
 
 
Hannah played piano for eight years and she absolutely loved her teacher who very sadly passed away last week. So a page is very fitting for Hannah's little book to commemorate her precious memories of piano lessons with a grand lady who loved Hannah just as much.
 
 
 
Watercolour pencils, waterbrush, black outliner pen
 




 You can join in HERE
Paint Party Friday
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Don't forget to join in here......
 
 
the criteria is anything to do with books!
 
 
 
and
 
 
Our Beautiful World
share photography for...
 
 
xx
 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Piano teachers are special creatures indeedy. I adore both of mine & still miss them 30 odd years on! I think this is a lovely way to celebrate her lessons & I, for one, will NEVER get sick of seeing her vintage quote book coming together! Just wish I could draw like you:):)

Lizzyc said...

oh i am sorry to read about the loss of a very important person in your lives.. I do love your art pages in this book and will never tire of seeing them.. I really love your drawing and coloring and I think this book will be a very cherished keep sake for your daughter.. love these pages too..

Deb said...

Never, never, never will I get tired of seeing the gorgeous pages you create in this special little book. Hannah will love this forever. The piano looks wonderful and this is such a lovely way to remember.

Lorraine said...

Such a beautiful way to commemorate a beloved teacher and friend.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear about her teacher ... hugs!!! I loveeeeeeee this page!! That piano is stunning and the quote absolute PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That is beautiful. I have been contemplating starting a journal book like that...You have done such a nice job with it.

Joyce Kers said...

Oh my gosh Mandy, this is so very inspiring. You inspires us all with your enthusiasm and creativity.

Valerie-Jael said...

Another fantastic piece. Hugs, Valerie