Monday, 27 July 2015

Sunday Sketches and Our Beautiful World.....

 
 
These little pages works in layers and so enjoyable to do...



           Sketch the tree trunks in pencil         Black outliner, and chestnut Twink H20
  

           Painted with water well brush                    The negative space cut out
 

                  The behind page painted
          Hunters Grey, Chestnut, Kiwi, Olive Vine        Then the shadows of trunks added
 

 
 
Framing, and tree trunks sparingly glued down to background page
 
 
Definitely would love to do some more of this type of thing.... even cut through a third page and so on to add more definition....  a challenge in the best possible way. 
And it also adds hopefully another facet of interest to this little book
 
 
You can find Sunday Sketches HERE
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VOQhLx1J-i8/VAuQIBb6v3I/AAAAAAAABgs/peD-IOXGMHo/s1600/OBWbutton.jpg
 
the theme this week is
 
 
Here is my eldest daughter who loves archery.
(And  to be sure, definitely doesn't mean shooting 'game' as in animals!!! just the game of hitting the bullseye!)

 
 
Show your GAME
 photography
and check out the DT's wonderful interpretation!
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
and....
 
 
the criteria is anything to do with books!
 
 
xx
 
 
 
 


20 comments:

Möwe von der Insel said...

I love this Mandy!
Have to go out and find an old book
I can do this with :))

Great work!

Have a beautiful week
Möwe

Maya Harrison said...

Ooooh, archery, that looks like a lot of adventure.
Your sketch is great, you say they're layers? I find that very interesting.

Wanda said...

What you do with old books is more than amazing. I love the oak trees and the quote too. Just a great journal page.

Lorraine said...

That is so cool the way you cut away and made your background on a separate page. Love it!

Lizzyc said...

Those tree trunks look amazing, love the definition and love that quote too! And well done on your daughter with the archery, she looks like she enjoys it too!

Lizzy Hill said...

Oooh! Love the 'cut out'.....can't wait to see you tackle a few more page depths worth. Suspect it won't be long! I really like how your quote is the same colour as the typeset. Works a treat!!!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh this is so clever! I love the step by step. TFS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You have the BEST quotes ever in your book!!! That page is AMAZING!! LOVING those trees and of course, the quote!!!! And loving the archery photos!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I agree with Julie.... you come up with the most amazing quotes ever! I LOVE your journal page, Mandy! The color is fabulous, and your free hand trees are perfect, and I absolutely ADORE the negative cut outs around the trunks. That adds such a cool element to the design!
Very cool that your DD is into archery, too!

Christine said...

Really beautiful and creative, and thanks for sharing the photos!

Gallery Juana said...

Hello Mandy,

Brilliant journal pages! I enjoyed seeing the process to do this journal page and love the quote you chose. I'm going to keep this "layered" effect in mind.

I hope to join the photo meme sometime in the future. I didn't have anything for this weeks prompt, but one will fit at some point:)

And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

What beautiful oak trees and a lovely quote. It's wonderful to see your in progress views!
www.lisarusso.com

Manuela said...

your book pages are always so inspired, fantastic! ( I must give it a try)
I learned how to use the arc some years ago. It's fun :-))
great shots from your daughter.

Debbie said...

The live you put into your work really shows! Love your trees! Nice photos too!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Gorgeous pages, Mandy! I love the photos of your daughter, too! She looks so beautiful in her amazing stance!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What awesome, fun photos! And I love your latest creation too!

stefanie stark said...

This was really such a great tutorial. And I love the outcome! The trees look beautiful! Now I know how to start with the altered book technique. It was funny to see that you are working with a German book while you live in Tasmania. I feel honored ;)

Alexandra said...

Wonderful, magical pages once again. I love them. I also love the text down the left side as well. Keep it up, girl! :)

Deb said...

Oooooo! Your journal page is gorgeous......so creative. I love the quote too. Fabulous photos.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Had to laugh as mine WAS about "game" as in the shooting kind! Love love love a bullseye :-) Am really having fun playing along at OBW