Sunday, 12 July 2015

Sunday Sketches and Our Beautiful World

 
 
 
 
 I thought I'd put a little sketch into Paige's quote book...
Today she is going back to University as the Semester break is over after
having her home for three weeks.  At least Hannah and Paige have had a
week together overlapping (with all of us) between Hannah arriving home
and Paige having to go back.
While she's home, her joy was to have very long long long baths often!
 
We will miss her chirpiness around the house...
 
 
 
 
 
Hadn't thought to put a 'book' into her hands yet.....
and felt something was missing.  
Twinkling H20's - Hunter Grey, Chestnut, Bamboo Heaven
African Jade, Raspberry Wine and Apple Blossom


There... that's better!
 
 
 
I like it's on the book paper too, it's like she has lost herself in the words of her book...
completely oblivious to the time ticking away...


 
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/sunday-sketches-portable-joy.html Find it HERE
 
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 

 
 
 
 
http://our--beautiful--world--365.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/obw-105-countryside.html
 
 
 
It's going to be amazing to see all the different photography of all the different countries represented by the people who share this week!
 
 
Here's mine....
Amazing fungi... the colours are vibrant....
 
 
Three stuck together....


 
 
Looks like a baby being protected by its mother!


Little clumps of them hiding here and there......
 
 
Hope you can join in....
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
 
My girls... 
Paige all packed ready to leave....
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Don't forget to join in here......
 
 
the criteria is anything to do with books!
 
 
 
xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


20 comments:

Wanda said...

I love the look of the colors on the printed page. Oh the joy of a hot bath...and a book. I'm joining Alexandra's Sunday Sketches for the first time.

I really like your work.

Pallavi Iyer said...

Great art piece.I love the look of art on book paper and yours turned out beautiful and your girls are lovely.Happy Sunday.

Jennifer McLean said...

Lovely painting on the printed page. I have a bunch of twinkling H2O's and you inspire me to go dig them out again. The paint looks great on the book pages, great idea! I LOVE your mushroom photos, I can't believe they come in such bright red colors. I'll have to paint them up sometime.

Lizzyc said...

Ooooo in this weather a long hot bath sounds wonderful! Love your drawing and the colouring in too! And amazing fungi, I am sure they are little homes for fairies!

Ludkasz said...

I really like your painting in a book. Your work is very interesting. Pictures of beautiful, mushrooms look great . Daughters beautiful :) I look up to you :) Regards :)

Ros Crawford said...

I am so loving that beautiful book ... Your girls are adorable!
And those mushrooms ... WOW!! What amazing colours!! I know we see them coloured like this often in crafting but I've never seen a REAL red spotted one! Thanks so much for sharing your photos!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your page is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeee that bathtub!!! And loving your countryside photos!! Beautiful!!!!!!

Debbie said...

I love your painting, I've been wanting to try the H2O's. Happy Sunday! I'm a follower now too. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful and creative illustration you did for your daughter and beautiful photography of those red mushrooms!

Happy week ahead to you ~
artmusedog and carol

Ginny said...

What a lovely page. Such a great reminder to take care of ourselves doing something we love.

Gallery Juana said...

Love the journal pages. I'm working in a book for journalling as well. I am not familiar with the H20 paints, and love the colors you used. visiting from sunday sketches.

Faye said...

Beautiful. The twinkling h2os must shine so wonderfully. Yes, a book is what was needed.

Tinna Sjoeberg said...

Love the picture of your daughter taking
a bath and reading in the tub. That's what
I used to do for hours when I was younger :))

And I love your countryside too, haven't seen
a real one in many, many years :))

Have a beautiful day!
Tinna ✐

Alexandra said...

Your artwork on the lovely printed pages is wonderful. I've not ever tried to do art/paint this way but I should. It looks like a lot of fun and the finished project is darling! Your mushrooms look amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a real red fungi (not sure what the proper name is!) - and it's so cool! :) Happy SS!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So beautiful. I love those fungi too, they look just like those in fairy tales!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, love your journal page, Mandy! So, so perfect for your daughter's quote book, and love that that's her reading her beloved book in the tub. Gorgeous soft coloring. Love that you're working right on the book print.
And what beautiful photos of your local countryside. I've got some toadstools sprouting up in my front lawn lately.... but they are not so pretty like yours! :)

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

Love this journal spread *and* long, hot baths!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love seeing your artwork. I'm not a hot bath girl...I either fall asleep or my mind starts going overtime..usually the latter. Those toadstools are incredible!! Hope to see you at tuesday afternoons at a spirit of simplicity!

Manuela said...

beautiful shots from all the pretty fly agarics, haven't see so many together, great!
and wonderful sketches for your daughter

Lorraine said...

Your sketches and quotebook are always a pleasure to see and will be a treasure when completed. Those mushrooms (or are they toadstools) are quite magical in appearance. The color is so eyecatching amongst the landscape.