Friday, 24 July 2015

Paint Party Friday - Week 20 & Counterfeit Kit Challenge Challenge July #3

 
 
We had some news today that Hannah may have a placement here in our hometown which will take her to the end of her studies!  We have our fingers crossed because that will mean she can move home.  So by early next week we will know for sure!
I found this quote... and thought - YES, its perfect!  Do you feel you can see in your minds eye what kind of visual would fit when in this kind of process?  I do..... I think in pictures... and all I could see is a spiders web being beautifully and dutifully woven - every little strand into something of strength and endurance (and to our younger generations if may have a more contemporary meaning) .....
 so here it is.....
 
 
Starting out with someTwinkling H20's
Kiwi
Spanish Moss
Olive Vine
Hunter Grey
waterwell brush
black outliners
 
 
You can find Paint Party Friday  HERE
 
Paint Party Friday




Here are links to my altered books:





------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Alter an embellishment to use on your project!
 
I've chosen  a black tag, and a tea-dyed kraft tag and punched out little hearts. 


 
Then at first just swapped the hearts over for contrasting colours, but it wasnt enough...
so got two more tags and used a little butterfly die to dress them up a little


 
The end result is a little bookmark for the quote book.
(and I've put the others away in my stash)
 
 
Plus yet made another little page :)
(Hannah's favourite colour is blue)
 
 

You can find the challenge HERE


---------------------------------------------------

Join in on these too!
 
Photography..
  
 
 
and....
 
 
the criteria is anything to do with books!
 


 
 
xx
 
 
 


23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work on the tags and in the quote books. Hope that your Hannah will get the place near you. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Beautiful pages. Love the spidernet.

Lizzyc said...

Ah yes.. but our life does not develop as quickly as the spider web, how many times have you walked somewhere in the morning and found yourself going through a new web and you turn into a karate kid!!! Spider webs are amazing, and how pretty they look with the morning dew on them too... love the quote and your web is fantastic... the book marks look wonderful too.. and hoping it all works out just right for your daughter too...

Lizzyc said...

Did my comment work? does not look like it... arrrhh!!! that is the trouble when my daughter has been on the computer.. I have to resign into google and often I forget and so when I type out a comment.. and in this case it was a reasonably long one... it does not work... so now I will have to type out another comment.. and I cant remember what I said in the first comment.... but anyways... love the web and great saying to match too.. love the outlining on the pages too.. and fantastic book marks.. and I hope it all works out just right for your daughter... now to see if this one posts....

Deb said...

I love your web. That's a wonderful page. Ooooo! and I love your little bookmark too and the other page. Well I just love it all. AND I so hope it all falls into place for Hannah. How good will it be to have her home!

Lizzy Hill said...

I don't see in pictures at all. I wish I did! I DO hope that Hannah does end up at home. That would be lovely for you all:) Time will tell. The Web will connect the way it will, eh??!!! And those book marks. SOooooo fabulous & so delicate looking with the little butterflies:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is WONDERFUL news for her!!!! I love love love your page! The web and the quote are PERFECT!! And loving that tag and the quote on the last page too!!! LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful artwork! I love your altered pages!
Happy PPF!
xxx
Susi

Ginny said...

I hope everything works out perfectly for your daughter. I love your idea of putting the spiderweb and the quote together. Such a creative idea that has me thinking about many things this morning.

LCSmithSAVED said...

I am going to have to notice if I think in pictures! I'm pretty sure I do... Another thought on the spider's web - when it is used for it's purpose the wear is repaired with a beautiful & skilled "patch" that only enhances the strength of the web.

My name is Erika. said...

Wonderful pages and I find your first quote quite inspiring. I guess I am just waiting (not very patiently either) for it all to connect. Have a great weekend.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, your idea of the spiderweb is amazing, Mandy! Yes, I totally see it! How beautiful! Lime green is one of my favorite colors. Love it paired with the shades of black/grey. It's all just SO striking! And love your altered butterfly tags and page, too! SO sweet!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous art work. Happy Friday!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Gillena Cox said...

Really nice see how much more interest is created when we devride to go just a little bit further . luv the butterfly tags

Have a happy PPF
Much love...

Giggles said...

Wonderful work...love the colours on your spiderweb. Great positive attitude!!

Hugs Giggles

Lizzyc said...

haha! I feel like such a dill!!!hehe.. but good to laugh at myself.. so glad BOTH comments came out! but it is true.. sharing the computer with my daughter who has a google account for school and she always leaves me off so I have to remember to sign in and most times I forget to and anyway.. I just came back to see after you told me my comments worked.. hehe! I hope your weekend is going really well!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I can relate perfectly to thinking in pictures. I love what you are doing with that book, and the bookmarks are so sweet. Happy PPF and Blessings! #11

Cindy D. said...

Love the green in the spiderweb and great message!

Darnell J Knauss said...

What an amazing and positive woman and mother you are, Mandy! I loved everything about this post and your brilliant creations! I especially love the web with that very true statement ~ very moving and inspirational!! I hope things work out as you hope for Hannah!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Abigail Davidson said...

Such sweet creations! Especially enjoy your technique with the tags -- they look gorgeous!!

Susanne said...

Love that web and quote. And the tags are fab as well.

Mascha said...

Nice artwork! And: I see a German book -
I've never tried to write and paint in a finished printed book, somehow I have too much respect for books.
Happy PPF :-)

Lisa said...

I'm not sure I think in pictures :-( but yours are beautiful so perhaps that's something I need to work on. Gorgeous book page, gorgeous tags, gorgeous handwriting. Did I say gorgeous! And I noted that the book is old font German! Fun :)