Saturday, 13 June 2015

Summer of Colour 5: Week 1

 
 
Ruckus Outside:

 
This is the first time I've joined in with:
http://twinkletwinklelikeastar.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/the-summer-of-color-5-week-one.html
 
 


 
 
And the colours are wonderful...
1 Blue + 1 Blue + 1 Green
 
So with a little bit of grey thrown in,
here's the shades I've used:
 
 
Sometimes I wonder how I get to the end of a project, because I never start with a plan...
Maybe because I've never really been taught formally only encouraged what comes naturally
And the point is to enjoy  the process, and accept the result....
So in my upside down way,
I painted three little cats first:

 
Yep, with two floating in the air....hmmmn...
I know.....(rolling eyes)
 
 
Then this thought struck..... (even though I only own one black cat...)
Who's favourite spot was to sit on his window seat under his blanket
 

 
Sketch in the window seat
 
 
In goes some colour....
 
 
Floating no longer.
They look intently at what's going on outside the window, with the third cat
about ready to join them...
 
 
You can join in with SOC5
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 Reminder...
You might like to join in this photography sharing...
Topic this week is 'Lunch'
 
 
 
 
AND....
 
 
 
What about :
 Let's get shabby
 join in Let's Get Arty's 'Discoloration' Challenge HERE
 
 
 
 xx
 
 
 


13 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

So glad you are joining in with the SOC challenge Mandy.... Your little painting is adorable... Love those cats! X

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful sketching!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am very happy you joined us at SOC this year! I love your model! And your creation is such a wonderful work of art! I really like how you used the first week's SOC colors!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Sooo clever! I couldn't even draw a cat, so I am in awe:):)!!!! I had a peek at the Summer Colour......I dunno.....I get tangled up in too much other stuff.....never mind:/ I shall look at yours and Sharon F's happily!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow! I can't believe you started with the cats first... How clever to add the window seat and it all came together perfectly! I love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW!!!!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wonderful painting - Great take on the colors!
And your model is a beauty as well!
FROEBELSTERNCHEN
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE

sue :) said...

You've captured the cats purrrfectly, I can see my two cats in the exact same position. x

Kristin said...

SO happy to have you play along! Thank you, Kristin xo

Rolina said...

Great to see your progress from start to finish!

Caz said...

awww cats! so sweet!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

very cute and nice seeing how you work :)

Tammie Lee said...

this is so adorable!