Friday, 26 June 2015

Paint Party Friday Yr 5 Week 16

 
 
What fun!!!
 
I've had this little project in my mind for a few weeks...
 
 
Ever since this happened.....
Yep, upsetting.... bird down chimney and flew amok till it broke something
(full story HERE)
A beautiful handpainted mug I brought back from time spent in Israel another lifetime ago..
 
 
AND also......
I was sooooooo inspired by
Tracey Fletcher King's gorgeous art with her cups.... (T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D!)
Just had to have a go and resurrect mine and immortalise it in some sort of painted form
(of course to my much less though very happy enough that its progressing with this sort of inspiration.. ability!!
 Turned out better than I thought it would!!! Whoop whoop!)
 
Out with the glue!
 
 
watercolour pencils and aquabrush
 
 
 
 Then a black outliner to finish off.


close enough.....  (big smile)
 
 
-------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
And.....
AND......
 
 Let's get shabby
 join in Let's Get Arty's 'Discoloration' Challenge HERE
 
 
 
XX
 
 


19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love how you painted your precious cup, and for me it brings back good memories of Jerusalem! Hugs, Valerie

Giggles said...

Wonderful job recreating your mug! I know all too well how difficult it is to lose a treasured mug!Tracey is such inspiration!

Hugs Giggles

Laila said...

I think you did great with your cup painting, and thinking that you did it using a waterbrush is even more impressive. I always feel out of control using mine.

Julia - Vintage with Laces said...

You did a great job painting the mug and I like your colors better than the original.

Lizzy Hill said...

I dunno.....I'd put you in the t-a-l-e-n-t-e-d bracket after reading this post, too :) Clever as well!! And wow! Give me a little finger of your artistic talent!!

Sherry's Cabin said...

Very nicely done. I am glad you were able to capture the image!
God bless,
Sherry

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! I loveeeeeee that you did this!!!!!! It looks AMAZING!!!!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I am so sorry about your mug, but glad you were able to pay tribute to it with your gorgeous painting. Happy PPF! #35

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You immortalized your beautiful cup perfectly. It reminded me of my visit to Jerusalem also!

Wen Sylvestre said...

Beautifully done Mandy! You've captured the painting really well!

pauline said...

You did a wonderful job with your mug! See? Now you have the mug permanently painted on paper, so if it should happen to break again, you will always remember it anyway! :) Beautiful. And yes, Tracey is a fabulously talented artist with a kind heart. xx

Susan said...

Such a clever idea. And it came out perfectly. Happy PPF

Valerie said...

Very well done! What a drawing talent ;-)

GlorV1 said...

So sorry about your cup. I think the painting of it came out great. Looks wonderful.:) I love that you live near the sea.

Tracey Fletcher King said...

I love it!!!!!!!!! and with a waterwell brush... that is impressive... I am going to have to go back and read about the bird and the chimney... that sounds like something that would happen to me... lol... I must admit I thought of you during the week when the weather came on and I saw the temps in tassie... that is bloody freezing for us whimpy Queenslanders

Lizzyc said...

Wow wonderful re-creation of your mug.. Absolutely amazing! Well done!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm in awe, Mandy! You and Tracey are so mega talented!! Well done on both the gluing the real thing and immortalizing it as art!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Jo said...

WEll done! Really well done.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love love love!