Sunday, 7 June 2015

Counterfeit Kit Challenges and Our Beautiful World

 
 
 
I'm on a roll with the girls quote books...
It will be nice to one day have them finished and hand them over to them.
I thought I might become a little hemmed in by the blacks, whites and mustard colourings from my Counterfeit Kit (you can see it here), and to be truthful, its so far been quite the opposite and am totally loving the colours.
It leaves the thought that perhaps having such a simplistic palette to choose from also makes it easier.
Maybe this is what I need in future?  Keep the colours simple?
Anyway....
 
Here's the latest challenge at Counterfeit Kit Challenges - use patterned die cuts...
Time to get out my bigshot and I really don't use this enough!
The patterned die cuts need also to be layered - eek..I do struggle with pattern paper
(but I'm getting better with it) so this is a really good challenge for me.
 
I decided to go with a pine tree- doubled with black cardstock on top and stripes underneath
I tried to put the stripes by themselves (trying to be bold and brave), but it got the better of me - too much!!! too much!!
So an extra black cardstock tree laid over the top only to reveal a little of the stripe underneath worked much better and I'm really happy with the result!
Then the little birds.... 'this I can do!!'  Pattern paper worked well!
All with a little stitching...
(have to apologise for the darkness of photos - ugly winter weather here!)
 
Hannah's book...
 
 
The quote was printed out from my computer using ACME Label Maker which we used in our previous month's challenge at 'Let's Get Arty'  (you can find the instructions there)
 
 
Over the grey tinted gesso, I've outlined with mustard and black watercolour pencil


 
and some green watercolour to add shadowing to the diecuts

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------
 
 
 
'Lunch'
 
Just like I mentioned earlier...
its been horribly wintery here at the moment...
dark, grey/black skies, drizzling to driving rain,
wind and very very cold....
 
and what better way to  warm up is
SOUP!
 
Just what we fancied, our family heirloom soup tureen full of hot creamy tomato soup
 
We'd love you to share your 'lunch' photography
 
 
 
 
 
xx
 
 
 


15 comments:

Deb said...

OOOoooooo! Your girls are going to totally treasure these gorgeous little quote books. They look amazing. Love your latest page and the colours........beautiful. That soup looks very yummy too.

Lizzyc said...

Fantastic journal pages, love that quote! Love the birds and tree! And the tomato soup looks delicious!

Ros Crawford said...

That tureen really takes me back ... My Grandmother had a hotel in London and lunch always included soup starter served in a big tureen!
I'm loving your book by the way ... what a fabulous idea!! Stay warm .. It's summer here but none too warm!

Manuela said...

beautiful pages and yummy tomato soup!

Lizzy Hill said...

YUM!!! And what a great visual for the 'roots' and 'wings'.....adore that bit of bold black stitching! Looks fabulous:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the tree and the birds ... and that QUOTE is PERFECTION!! Pinning!!!

cinmfoster said...

What an awesome quote book. The colors are perfect for this, thanks for sharing.
Cindy F.

Susan said...

So very pretty and the perfect embellishments for your quote.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome work and delicious shot!!!!

Louise said...

What a lovely idea, your girls will love them!

Robyn Oliver said...

Soup is a favourite in our home too Mandy...gorgeous soup tureen.

Julene Matthews said...

This book is looking wonderful. I'm sure your daughter will adore it. Love those birds.

Tina Campbell said...

Ooooo so pretty :) I love seeing your journal books and what you do with them

Margie said...

Oh my goodness, I am loving everything you do this month!! Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

It's so lovely to see you back this month - I've missed you! And what wonderful pp die cuts. I love how you have pushed yourself but still adapted them to fit your style. They are really super and that little quote book is just delightful. Hoping you are keeping warm with all that delicious soup :-)