Sunday, 1 March 2015

'Let's Get Arty'

 
 
Oh boy I've taken a bit of a break from blogging...its the longest I've ever stopped blogging for ever!
and not because I've wanted to...
It's been an incredibly busy time for us here with this weekend being the opening of our season of the musical Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast'.
Rehearsals and last minute 'stuff' have been relentless leaving little time for anything else.
In the meantime, my studio had started it's new year, so settling into new classes, accounts, paperwork... aaah - you know what I mean.
We also settled Paige and Hannah into their new home staying with their grandparents who live four hours drive away so they can study.  Dh and I are empty-nesters for the first time in 32yrs!
 
So, yes, the blog had to take a backseat.
Nevertheless....
 
More new things have happened....
 
Let's Get Shabby has
A NEW NAME AND A NEW LOOK!
LET'S GET ARTY!
 
After 6 years, times have changed and many of us have found our styles have too!
CHALLENGE #61
Colour Swatch Challenge!

Go on over to 'Let's Get Arty' to see how this challenge works!!!
You get to pick your own photo to get your own swatches!!!
 
This is mine taken at art class!

Hannah's little antique quote book...
I found this quote and love it.. soooo true!
and perfect
 
 
 
Hope you join in!!
 
 
It's heaps of fun!!!
 
 
 


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwww hugs Mum!!! Adam is leaving home this summer, so I feel your pain! I love love love your pages! LOVING that quote and the butterflies!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Aaah! So that's what was going on - I WAS wondering. Brill idea. Glad you got through the production...glad the girls have settled. Enjoy having a 'different' spin on life now:) Must say, I LOOOVE the freedom of no kids at home. Lots of travel, I'd suggest. Cos the grandkids come before you can blink. Then the kid bizz starts all over again!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

OOOPS! And I forgot to comment on your quote book. Sheesh! Shows my prioties!! It is lovely, I'm a bit intrigued by the own colour palette bit......!!!

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing, I love how you create in this book!

Julene Matthews said...

Love that photo!
Love the chip it blog. I often use it for getting my own colours.Congratulations on the new name!
Being empty nesters is fun.Though you will find yourself driving up & down the road to visit them a fair bit.