Thursday, 22 January 2015

Creative Jumpstart 2015 - Nathalie Kalbach's Part 2 Inspiration

 
 
Creative Jumpstart 2015 - Nathalie Kalbach's Part 2 Inspiration
 
Another journey in mixed media!  After my first (as I saw it at the time) almost failed attempt at the pages I did for Nathalies  Part 1 inspiration (explanation HERE), I put those pages to the side, and continued on with new ones.... which got a new home in my Project Life album :)

 I still needed pages to continue with the Part 2 of Nat's tutorial.... 
The tossed aside pages were brought back out, and with new eyes,  re-worked them.
What at treat they turned out to be!  Again, it was all about the sea. 
I looked in magazines for pictures, and I must not have had the right ones for the job because nothing appealed or the sizing not good.  So, I dove into the sea of my own photos and found one of Paige, back on, entering the sea, so cut her out, and also used her silhouette from the cut, and the more I added purposely the more a metamorphic process appeared.  This was thought driven, so every added pattern, every dash, spray, direction, colour set down  breathed new life and had a purpose, a reason, a magical moment or deep meaning behind it... 
 
  What do you see?
 
 
xx

11 comments:

Deb said...

These pages look amazing, Mandy.

Lizzy Hill said...

OK, OK, I'm looking but I'm pretty darn dense. I find deep and meaningful in words REALLY easily...but pictures...they evade me. HOWEVER. I really like all the textures and patterns & the strength of the one & the softness of the other!!!!

Lizzyc said...

I see a mermaid entering the water! these pages are fabulous.. really love all the details...

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Gorgeous- so glad you took them out of the bin and went for them. They are amazing!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love these! I am loving how you used the photos and the colors and textures too!!! And ohhhhhhhhhh I so wish shipping didn't cost so much!! I have a TON of travel magazines from my work (like high quality travel magazines from the actual companies that are trying to get people to visit their country) that you could probably use!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok ... so I don't know if my last comment went through on me or not, as Google did a crash and burn thing on me ... so I will try and remember everything I said! LOL!!! I love love love this!! LOVING the way you used the photos, the colors and the textures! And I sooooooooo wish shipping didn't cost so much, as I have a TON of high quality travel magazines (from the companies that are trying to get people to visit their countries) that you probably could use!!!!!

Win Dinn said...

Gorgeous pages - really stunning!

Karen said...

I really like your pages, I think that your perseverance paid off. I thought of a mermaid as I looked at your pages,either waiting to dive into the ocean or dreaming, while looking at all of the beauties under the sea.

Audrey Pettit said...

omgosh, I see SO much! I see the sea, and a field of flowers in the sunshine.... and even a mermaid, too! Wow! uh-mazing!!

Cuchy said...

What I see? it makes me think of Avatar film :)
Beautiful pages

marsha. said...

Well, maybe using your own photos is the key... It gives you more flexibility in sizing and it gives the pages an extra layer of meaning. So cool to read process: it definitely turned out great!