Monday, 12 January 2015

Creative Jumpstart 2015 - Nathalie Kalbach's Part 1 Inspiration

 
After being spirited along with having so much happiness from what I created in the last post,
I got down and messy again.

Nathalie Kalbach's Part 1 Inspiration
 
Weeeeell, it all started with a failure, tossed aside, and started again!
 
Truth be known, I did rescue that failure with some great steps in the latter part of Nat's video and it worked!!!  Will leave that for a future post because Nat does a 'Part 2' later on, and I think it might work better then..   I 'could' have used this (below) for her Part 2, but I've loved it so much, I've got other ideas for it (will show you tomorrow :)) 
So happy, happy, happy!
 
 
So... here's my second go at  Nat's tutorial (Part 1)
 
I love colours of the sea.....
 
 and with this stencil, it works a treat
 
 
With what's left on the stencil,
is pressed by a brayer onto another piece of gesso-ed paper
(I've used very heavy watercolour paper)
So there's a bit of dealing with positives and using the negative too.
 
 
there is lots of other details and great tips included in this process
 including washes of ink, stamping etc,
and loving it I am!

 
 

 
Big messy smile at the end of this!!
 
Now to get the 'stuff' off my hands! LOL
 
xx
 


5 comments:

Deb said...

Ooooo! How wonderful do these look, Mandy. The colours are a gorgeous combo.

Lizzy Hill said...

Looking good - that's the beauty of MM.... It takes you on a journey!!! LOOOVE the negative of your stencil here, too:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh that looks amazing!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, how seriously cool! This is beautiful, Mandy! Can't wait to see more!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

uhhh- this is yummie goodiness- love!!!!