Monday, 26 January 2015

Creative Jumpstart 2015 - Diana Trout Inspiration


 
 
Patterned Panorama with Diana Trout
 
What a treat this turned out to be! 
Creating a 12x4 panorama with layers of paint, spray, ink, collage papers
(in my case vintage Asian papers)
All I could think of - the vision in my head - as I watched Diana work was
The Great Wall - my dh, daughters and I have such fond memories of climbing
 (and I mean climbing!) a 10kms hike on a part of the wall that was far away from the tourist part.
A lot of this section was derelict, some of the wall missing, and the rubble troublesome. 
The steps are not average sized, no - they are two feet tall with a width of 8-9in!!  And in some of the towers, the overhanging bricks swung precariously just waiting for their moment to fall.
Nevertheless, the thrill of its derelict state, to walk and climb on untouched sections was an experience never to be forgotten... This part of China will always be with us.
 
 
Some close ups..



 
 
And some progress photos....


 
 
 
 
So thrilled with this!
 
 
My messy desk shelves, everything at eye-level as I work including the photo taken on our hike.
I could have tidied it, but this is what happens isn't it!
 
 
Oh yes!!
And Happy AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!
 
Aaaaand, yesterday was my birthday....
what a wonderful long weekend!!!
 
 
xx
 


9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, WOW! What an amazing, creative, incredibly stunning art work you have created, Mandy! I am speechless! You are SO crazy talented! And a VERY happy, belated birthday to you!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is STUNNING!!!! WOW!!!! love love love!!!

Deb said...

WOW! Mandy, this is A M A Z I N G! It looks sooooo good with the vintage papers and the colours are fabulous too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! you are amazing!! This is just WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Scrappinchez said...

All I can say is "WOW!!!!" Absolutely amazing, Mandy. And a belated Happy Birthday! xx

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow this looks amazing, really clever artist... and Happy Birthday too for yesterday!

Lizzy Hill said...

HAAAAAAAPY [belated!] BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed that one totally. Hope it was really good:) And I looove your shelves. Especially the keys. had me wondering what they were for!!! AAAND the Great Wall is fabulous! Loved seeing the sketches on the way. Totally awesome:)!!!

Cuchy said...

How cool is this!!!!
happy belated birthday Mandy!! Hope you had and awesome day

marsha. said...

Ooooh, your take on this is sooooo pretty and inspiring! What a cool keepsake!