Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Creative Jumpstart 2015 - Catherine Scanlon's Inspiration Part 2


 
 
There was two parts to  Catherine Scanlon's tutorial,
 And this one involved piping paint through a little jacard bottle onto tissue  paper
and I have to say that I loved this - and will definitely do more.
My first thoughts were to keep it simple...
and to make it relevant - make a piece that I can use.
It fell into place.
I go to bed late, well after midnight, and usually by then
I'll be finishing up some sort of crafty project.
By midnight, one of the last things I do is make a pot of Chinese Pu-erh tea (brought from China) in a little brown clay pot with a little clay Chinese cup. 
 I love it and drinking this tea in this way completes my day.
 
I've made this the subject of my project for Catherine Scanlon's Part 2 only I sketched it myself and water-coloured it (not brown).
The tissue paper was adhered to a piece of vintage Asian paper and
measures only 8x5" Its just the right size for a journaling page for our travel journal...
 
I've added some gold leaf to give it some shine. And the little red tea label trimmed in gold is part of the foil covering from one of the tablets of Pu-erh tea.
 
 
Cant wait to do some more of this
 
xx
 
 
 


7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful.. love the tea pot!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is amazing!! I love it!!!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love it! and the dimension - so cool!!!

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

oh my gosh, I love it. Expecially how you did it on the vintage asian text paper, so cool!

Audrey Pettit said...

so beautiful, Mandy! I love your drawing, and the watercoloring is gorgeous! Looks so perfect with the Asian paper, and really love the gold leafing and tea label. Wow!

Cuchy said...

Perfect in that asian paper. I love it!

marsha. said...

I love this. Simply beautiful!