Sunday, 9 November 2014

Jennifer Grace's Frosty Blog Event!

 
 
 
And it reeeeeeally gets the creativeness going.
 
It's kinda like the 'cyber crops' of old.. that I used to absolutely love once.
It makes me put away a weekend and just scrap to criteria and inspiration that keeps turning up!
What's more - its a great beginning to Christmas projects!! YAY!
 
So to start with Jennifer put up a Tag... and for no other reason but to get the show on the road....
'A tag!' I thought!
That's a small enough project to get the creative flow started- PERFECT!
 
So I made one - in traditional Christmas colours
Don't you LOVE those Santa film strips!!!
 
 
 
 
Next is an
To create some sort of large/oversized aperture.
Weeeell, I haven't done anything like this for a squillion years!!!
 The star became the journaling tag that sits up on the tree.
 
Love this pinkish woodgrain ombre paper!
And the stars became focal points too.
(I'm not really into flowers anymore and I used to use a lot!)
Remember the big 10"x8" photos!! LOL
I truly cannot remember when I last scrapped one that size!
But with my aperture being the window on Christmas morning - it worked!!
Seeeeeeee- I'd never have done this - unless challenged like how Jennifer thinks!
 
 
 
Measured out, I cut out the squares to form the windows
Then used those left over squares for the 'shutters' around the windows, just reversed the colours up the sides so the lightest was on the darkest background etc.
(LOL oh look - play on words in this post already - aperture and shutter!)

 
 
I'm really happy to have this large photo in this LO because I think its one of those LO's that might end up in a frame and displayed at Christmas time...
 
 
 
 
Next:
I don't make many cards, however this blog event is certainly going to make my sad card box a little more stocked up!  And with Christmas cards too!
Who would have thought to make a Christmas card in rainbow pastel colours! (Not me!)
 
 
To think of what to use for the rainbow colours was the thing!
I didn't have enough colours in embossing powders... but...
I did have the colours in IZINK!
Love this stuff!
So I painted some strips on white cardstock...


 
Using a little circle punch, punched out a 'bauble' in each rainbow colour.
then tossed up between stencilling or sticking on some snippets of white paper doilies..
and weeell, I think the doilies have almost the same effect...
and used another IZINK painted out rainbow background for the card.
 
 
Then to finish it off, placed a strip of chipboard across the top
(it was looking bare)  and a sentiment.
(the light was dying in the late afternoon so photo is not the best)
You can just see the lovely shimmer the IZINKs give off.
 
 
 
 
Next:
Using Wood/woodgrain
Don't really have much in the way of actual wood, but plenty in woodgrain papers,
so made up a little PL card with a little fence all tied up with crochet cotton string
and little ties of the string tied in knots in between each 'plank'.
The fence is made from the left over ombre wood grain paper from the Aperture (large window) LO, so great to use up scraps!
 Love these shimmering glitter stars!
 
 
 
Following on is....
 
Twin Cards
(Louise's time saving ideas)
 
These two just evolved - picked out some neutral kraft and patterned paper from my scraps (again...got to love that!)
Inked and sewed around the edges with straight stitch and a hint of zigzag at the top
 
 
 
The stencilling on both the cards was from random bits of a TCW stencil called 'Tile Texture'
 
 
 Made the little wreaths with cream crochet cotton and four knots holding them into place with some little stars slipped into the string - pop of blue on one card and red on the other....
The sentiments sit on a piece of washi tape - again for a little pop of colour.
 
 
All done for now - what fun!!
 
If you want to see the challenges
you can find a list of them
 
 
Frosty Festivities 2014 Free Blog Event at Jennifer Grace Creates
 
 

---------------------------

Pop on over to
to see the beginning of my
altered vintage books unfold....
 
Yes! I said books!! LOL...
there's a story behind it!!
 
 

xx


 
 


6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wow you have been busy and very creative with all the different things you have created.. really love the large photo cut up like a window, fabulous card and love the tag too..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow!!! These are all gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the way you created that window on your lo of the girls!!! Pinning that!!!!!!

Jennifer Grace said...

Oh, well done for getting all these projects done! Go you! I'm glad you've found lots of inspiration from my event!

All your projects are fabulous. I love the aperture layout with the window to peer through - I especially like how you created shutters on the sides. The rainbow card is great too - I love the chipboard piece for the ornaments to hang from. And the little fence on the PL card is darling!

Thank you so much for joining in with the Frosty Festivities challenge! x

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, what fun!! Cannot believe you created all these in one weekend! I LOVE them, Mandy!~ All so creative and beautiful, and I love the bits of unexpected to these designs... especially the rainbow wash on the card. LOVE the aperture layout! Just gorgeous!

Lizzy Hill said...

I've just gotten home - been in NZ for 2 weeks, done the scheduled posts thing...sooo much catching pu to do, I'm thinking I can't...eeeek! No time for much at all. ANYWAYS...love hat you've done..the aperture one & those chevron wood grainish cards with the sort of wreaths. YUM. WANT!!!! I wanted to get into the December daily......aaagggghhhhh!!! NEED MORE TIME...anyways...off I go....

Jane said...

Where to start? WOW! So much creativity and all so so good and so so inspiring. But if I had to pick a favourite it would have to be that window page, just perfect.