Thursday, 13 November 2014

Jennifer Grace's Frosty Blog Event, and Counterfeit Challenges...

 
 
Still working on some of the challenges at
Jennifer Grace's Frosty Blog Event!
 It's open until the 17th November...
 
Here are some of my finished projects...
 
It's a bit monocromatic with a pop of colour in blues/greens and to create a snow drift, I've used some 'Glitter Snow' down the bottom of the photo. (love this stuff, given to me by Tania) There's lots of glittery bits with the little blue sequins and larger pinwheel sequins.
 
 
 

 
 
 
This was a new way of thinking for me....
Not only to pick the sentiments first, but also to create a bold card, a traditional card, and an elegant card.
 



I have to say, this was a wonderful approach and I really enjoyed it....
 
First - the Bold card...
When I think bold, I think striking colours together.. so with my chosen sentiment -
the red and white word 'Believe'
putting black and red with it seemed to work. 
 



The 'Traditional' Card is made up of an old fashioned Santa card with the children's words down the bottom  'Yes, we've been very good'. 
On the trees, I've stuck some gems to dress them (and the card) up a little. The cards layers are helped with sticky foam-dots. (hard to see)  And finished with a little red bow.
 
 
 
 
Third is the 'Elegant' card - the 'Rejoice' sentiment really suited the 'Elegant' ideal too in a
Shabby-Chic kind of way.
 
 
 
The next Challenge
 is to 'pile' up embellishments on a trio of tags...  (probably did more of a 'piling on' rather then 'up'! LOL)
by using layering...
 
 
 
I got out the paints and stencils and piled them on layers.... including some washi tape
 

 
 
Then on with the embellishments... brads, little house transparency, ribbon, trim, tinsel, sentiments, a part of a prima glitter branch and a layered Santa sticker.  Lots of things!!

 
 
And  then this one....
 
 
Made some tassels and glued them to some PL cards along with some  tiny epoxy tags.
LOVE making tassels - soooo easy (much easier than you'd think!) I used needle and thread for the first tassel, then glue with the next... and both worked a treat on their respective tassels!
The instructions are here
 
 
 
So I think I've been challenged in all sorts of incredible ways!
You can find it all
 
Image
 
---------------------------------------------
 
 
And very lastly (but not at all least :) )
Still trying to get any PL pages completed from my kit.... and this challenge is about 'doors' and armed with any excuse (and this was a good one!) found a photo which fit! So with this page, when  away on a trip, we had a little visitor - a little possum which really really wanted to come inside.  It held its little hands up (I say hands because they look more like human hands than paws!) against the screen door. Anyway, so ended up including our cabin and this pic of the possum into the page - and, Mayelle (our French exchange student, was more than amused watching its antics!)
 
 
 
 Phew.... All done...
 
Don't forget to visit
 
 
 
 
 
 xx
 
 


10 comments:

Jane said...

You've been busy again! Mandy you are such a wonderful artist and I love what you create. Today everything is amazing but the layered tags really caught my eye and captured my imagination.

LCSmithSAVED said...

FAB projects for the Frosty Festivities! I just found out I won the Guess the Project prize - woohoo!

I also just finished (literally)my CKC Challenge #2 spread. I feel this connection between us, lol! JK
That little possum was SO cute. You must have had something cooking that smelled really good!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww!! I love love love love all of these! You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Susanne said...

I'd say you made the most of those Frosty Festivities. Lots of lovely work here.

Lizzy Hill said...

You have been uber busy! LOOOVe those tags & the cards are fabulous....great challenge idea....my fave is the PL...probably cos of the subject matter!!!!

Angela Coles said...

wow, what a lot of incredible projects. They are all beautiful.

Julene Matthews said...

Fantastic work Mandy! I especially love your tags.Very swish.Don't forget Archiscraps too. (wink,wink)

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, beautiful projects, Mandy! You really rocked all of these fun challenges. Love your layered tags and trio of cards, and those tassels are so cute! Love the vintage feel to your counterfeit kit page, and love the photo arrangment. You got so many photos on one page... I really love that. The little opossum just makes me smile. What a bold little fellow! And I really love how you used the sequins and trims on your snow scene page!

cinmfoster said...

Great work on all your projects.
Cindy F

Jennifer Grace said...

These all look wonderful! I love the sequins on the snowy layout, the gems on the traditional card, the black dots on the piled up tags, and your tassels look neater than mine! Thank you so much for joining in the Frosty Festivities challenge! x