Friday, 3 October 2014

LESSology #40 and Our Beautiful World - Music

 
 
It's been too long since I've played along with LESSology, though when I saw 'Travelogue' that's a great excuse to get another page done of my Trip album!
 
 
 
Click to go to Challenge #40
 
 
 
My up cycle are these vintage Asian book print papers...

 

 
You can find the challenge HERE
 
------------------------------
 
ANother Challenge I haven't played along with for a long time is
 
and this week its
'Music'
 
I managed this photo of Paige a couple of weekends ago after she got out of the car with her violin case to go in early for a final rehearsal for a concert later that afternoon. 
Paige loves her violin and has been playing for 11yrs now.  She still goes in twice a week for 2-3 hours to keep practicing.  I shouted out to her to turn, and 'snap' - got this pic!
 
Makes me smile....
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Last Sunday afternoon I had the privilege to attend an art exhibition of a wonderful local landscape.... tulip farm.  The artist sold painting after painting.... so quickly!
 
 
After my friend Wendy and I left, it was dusk and I managed to snap the nearby Dutch Iris field in front of where the car was parked

 
 
Richard works in colour pencils on pastel paper
Remembering Vincent
 
 
 
 
last year when out in full bloom.... our family history is tied up with this lighthouse
Here's a link here on this blog about this back to 2008
 
 
xx
 
 
 


10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEK! So excited you played with us my friend! I love love love your page!! LOVING the grid design and the papers you used!!!! And loving those paintings!! WOW!!!!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow those photos of the flower fields look amazing dazzling with color! Love your travel pages, the old book paper makes a wonderful background ! Have a good weekend!

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh my GOSH....his paintings are STUNNING....but not as stunning as your photos!!! And that pick of Paige is a classic AND soooo happy to see you join us at LESSology....such a clever use of the book paper like that....looks FABULOUS behind your PL page..really good! AND I have a wisteria pic coming up soon. Just fer yew, Luvvy!!!!

Susanne said...

You really did well on that page - love the background there. And I enjoyed the pictures in this post as well.

Deb said...

Love the use of your book paper on your divided sleeve page and the paintings and your pics are devine. Great one of Paige too. Scrolling down, I love all of your creations especially the one of that lost starling.....great pics. AND no, that's not a ballerina on my 21st cake.......just some scrolly thingy with a 21 on it.

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a great post, Mandy! I LOVE seeing all your photos! Your daughter with her violin case is beyond precious, and your flower fields are simply amazing. So, so fun to see that artist's take on them. And I LOVE your travel page for Lessology! So cool how you used the Chinese book pages, and I seriously love the twine tied coins you added, too!

Ros Crawford said...

That's one great LO and I love the photo of Paige!! Perfect for the prompt! Thanks so much for sharing at OBW!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful post mandy, I love the sound of violin as well, too bad I didn't get a chance to learn that. Thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World, it is good to see you here!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Mandy, cheeky photo, but special to capture Paige with the violin case.. wonderful that she loves to play. Thanks for sharing with Our Beautiful World. Cheers Robyn

yyam said...

Oh my! Such a brilliant use of those book papers. What a perfect way to scrap those travel pics.

Thanks for joining us at LESSology.

P/s: Sorry about the linky thing not working for you.