Thursday, 2 October 2014

Amiche di Scraps LO # 12 and Counterfeit Kit - October

 
 
 
is about using paint (watercolour/acrylics etc)
 
So I got out my much neglected watercolour pencils...
 
and gave myself the excuse to create the other side of my Project Life LO (re the previous post)
Week 24 in 12x12 format...
 
Meaghan moving to New Zealand from the UK and purchasing her new car,
and Hannah battling with her old computer so much it was time for a new touch screen one.
 
 
Using a dark brown watercolour pencil, outlined all the edges on the LO including the big lettering 'Week 24' which was drawn freehand and cut out
 
then used a brush with water


 
 
You can find the challenge here


--------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next is getting my October kit together with
 
 
ANd I've had a bit of fun...
 
First off.... here's the kit to counterfeit:
 
Weeeeeell, I cant go past colour when I shop my stash!
Its the be all and end all in my thought process...
 
So... this time I put this photo to
 
 
Its FABULOUS and will spit out colour swatches! And if you haven't used it before/or known about it... have a go!!! ......
 
SOOOOO.....
 
this is what happened:
 
(there were three extra colours - browns and a mauve so with photoshop, I rubbed them out - didn't want them, too much to consider)
 
Aaaaaand from these colour swatches...
 
I came up with this:
 
'Scrappy Camp'
(because I'm off on a 3 nighter, not this weekend but the next weekend - full of scrapping!!!
This will be great to take away with me, hence the size!)



Dark Blues/Blacks


 
Blues/Mints
 
 
 

Pinks/Reds 
 
 
You can find the Counterfeiting HERE
 
 
 
So exciting - roll on Scrappy Camp!!!
 
------------------------------------------------
 
 
And to top it off...
While getting the washing in this afternoon, glancing across to the greengage tree area, I noticed blossoms breaking out of buds...
 
There is something about 'first blossoms' of Spring...
something that melts the heart......




 
 
 
SPRING!!!!
 
(sigh :)
 
These came out so quickly...it was like - one minute.... nothing... and next minute....voila!
 
xx 
 
 
 


15 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful photos. So strange to see Spring blooming when here it's all Autumn colours. Enjoy your scrappy camp, great suppies you're taking.

Lizzy Hill said...

Love your spring snaps.....I've been breathing in [then sneezing out!!!] our wisteria which is FULLY out & just 'the' yummiest!!! I love your colour choice with your watercolour PL page...& the writing on the photos....I was soo happy to be chosen over at Amiche for August!!! AND love your kits & am off to check out the chip site:):) AAAND enjoy your scrappy time....sigh...sounds WONDERFUL:):)

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a cool kit! I like the process you did to for your color scheme that was different. Have so much fun at camp and lovely flowers oh I wish it was Spring here my favorite season

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee your page! LOVING that title work and the butterflies!! And love love love the Spring photos!!!

Lesley G said...

Yay, the first non DT kit up on Linky, well done on creating such a huge and fab kit - enjoy scrappy camp kit and weekend!

Margie said...

I love your color kits, so, so pretty!!Great job, so glad you are playing along!

Julene Matthews said...

I love Chip it,so handy for all sorts of reasons.I've used it on Archiscraps this month.
Love your kit,all those yummy papers and cute embellishments will be so nice to use.

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, I just love your posts! You always share so many wonderful things, my friend! I LOVE your PL page! The light watercoloring is so pretty, and your hand cut title lettering is amazing! Love your photo arrangement with the addition of the silhouette photos. Really cool looking! Lucky you to be heading out soon for a scrappy adventure. That kit you put together is awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Gorgeous photos, too!

Unknown said...

have fun. {{joyce}}

giovanna said...

thanks for participating in the challenge of AdS!!!Is a very great LO!!!
Gio'

LCSmithSAVED said...

Genius move to use Chip It! What a great tool. You've got a really lush, full kit going here - your scrappy weekend should be wonderful! Plus whatever you can "borrow" from others, wink-wink!
Loved your photos - am still working on your challenge about the seasons :)

kate blue said...

SPRING?/ i ACTUALLY TURNED MY HEAT ON LAST NIGHT FOR A BIT IT WAS KINDA CHILLY! love the kit, want all your blues and blacks!

Susanne said...

Lots of good stuff in this post - fab page. That kit is making me drool with all those lovely HSwapp doo-dads. Scrap on.

Julia said...

Thanks so much for the link to Chip it! I love that!!! I love, love, love your kit!!! I can't wait to see what you make with it!!!

Laura said...

*sharp intake of breath* I love your super-kit!
I'm going to bookmark the chip it site - what a great tool, it saw the kit totally differently to me.