Friday, 5 September 2014

September Counterfeit Kit and Challenge #1

 
Really really wanted to get this kit together and being only one week from our ballet schools examinations... weeeeell, time is very very scarce..
Classes are coming out of my ears, and while I'm pretty happy with how the students are shaping up, its this big final race to the finish line.
Pretty soon though (and I'm counting down!) are our school holidays...oh sheer joy!!!
Two weeks!  Cant come soon enough!!!
 
Anyway,  last months kit kept me soooo organised in busy time, so I needed to get this month's kit together to do the same.
 
Its strange how it comes about:
I know I'm so right brained!
Each month I hop to the dt members blogs (haven't done this month's yet though) to see how they put their kits together and am intrigued by such varied thought-processes
 
I cant seem to move past colour!
You can find the main kit HERE
 
Though, more than anything, I was captured by one piece of paper:
 from Basic Grey's 'Grand Bazaar' range
 
Yes its busy - huh! 
But the colour combination is fabulous!
So I picked out the colours (or close to) and matched up a heap of old embellishments from a box I'd long forgotten about and added only a couple of newish ones.
Glad to use them again.....and here's my kit
 
"SPRING!"
 
 
Challenge One was to make up challenge criteria...
 
Weeeeeell, mine is:
 
Scrap your new season!
and
here in Australia...
its
SPRING!
 
gosh, I haven't scrapped flowers in sooooo long!
But they are in my box and I'm going to use them up!
 
 
 
xx
 


14 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a beautiful kit :) When I seen what you named I thought you were from down under :) We will be beginning Fall here in the states so that will be fun to scrap and I think I have the colors for it in my kit. Good first challenge :) I'm glad to see you playing along with it :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Oh. My.
I think we should counterfeit YOUR kit next month, lol!
Fun to discover stash that is hidden away :~)
I do love how easy my kit makes scrapping in busy times.
Now off to figure out how I want to scrap my season - the opposite of yours!

Lizzy Hill said...

Flowers....errrk! Now you're scaring me....if this place would MOVE ON from winter, I could think about spring....anyways. gorgeous page! Love how you get onto these kits & actually DO it. I'm still in the thinking stage. One day I'm gonna do the kits & Workdesk Wednesday. When I don't to scrappy teams anymore, I think! And that 'join me for a cuppa' idea, too....anyways, I ramble - it's the weekend! Good luck for your Ballet girls. I'm sure they'll do you proud!!!

Deb said...

That's a great kit (I should really do this) and your page is gorgeous. Love the little flower clusters.....how gorgeous with the gingham underneath.

Julene Matthews said...

A gorgeous kit Mandy and I love your page as well.That paper you singled out actually scared me..I couldn't think how to scrap with it but you have put a new twist on this.
Hope the ballet goes well.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit and layout. Love the flower clusters .
Cindy F.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love love love the flowers and that butterfly!!! WOW!!!

Stephanie said...

what a beautiful kit + a fun challenge! We're entering autumn here in my neck of the woods and it's my favorite season, so I just might complete your challenge :)

Lizzyc said...

Your layout is so pretty, love the flowers.. and spring is a wonderful time of the year!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, your layout makes me feel like I'm out in a garden! How pretty! Absolutely love the scattering of embellishments here. They do a great job of leading the eye across the page.

Chidkid said...

Such a pretty kit.. and page. Autumn here in the UK..but I wish it was Spring again!

Susanne said...

I noticed all the pretty bits and bobs in your kit. Of course you always incorporate them in such lovely fashion on your layouts. Well scrapped.

Margie said...

Your kit is just beautiful! Nailed the colors perfectly!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Here's my page for your challenge! http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/2014/10/100614-ckc-october-royal-challenge-1.html?showComment=1412955568274#c1868069628640881300