Sunday, 6 July 2014

Yay, I'm on holidays......

 
Weeeeeeeeeell, kinda on holidays other than our dance competition work
but for the most part, classes are on finished for two weeks, and I have more time for scrapping and blog hopping to say 'hi' -that's been sadly missing the past month - work has been full on, so I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit.  I've have though managed to do a LO here and there late at night just to escape work and think about something else.   Hannah will be home tomorrow for a couple of weeks too which will be lovely. 
 
Today (instead of doing housework) I scrapped and took on the Unity Stamp Co Challenge
LO sketch challenge.
I've collected a few of Unity's stamps over the time and are definitely among my favourites!
 
Here's the sketch
 
 
 
I picked up the grid pattern by sewing and used numbers too....
 
 
I used four out of this packet of these Unity stamps...
'a little bit of washi'
 
 
And by using them on embossed paper - the patterns come out a little different as well....it gives another dimension....
Below is a sample of the main side to this MME Lost and Found 2 paper, and the cream reverse side which is the side I used....
 
 
With a stamping result like this....
 
 
 
 
There's  light partial stamping of the polka dot stamp directly onto the background paper - so here you can see the difference....

 
 
The numbers stamp is 'Numbers, Etc'
And for each number, I just coloured it in with texta and stamped...
 (I have used this stamp sooooo much!!!!)
 
 
 
In the circle work....
it was stamped with Unity's 'Vintage Ledger' first,
(I've had this stamp forever!)


 
 
then with 'a little bit of washi' stamps around the outside
 
It was great to get some good photos of Paige, especially trying to capture a 'still' moment as she was moving though her exercises at the barre....most of the photos showed her going into or out of a movement or with others in the photo... sigh.... but these are good!
 
xx
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing! Love the cut out photos!

Lizzy Hill said...

Enjoy your 'down' period...& I expect to see more scrapping [hear that whip cracking???}...you can make up for me not being around much lately! I LOOOOOVE this one....such a creative take on that sketch & those photos look fabulous...I really, REALLY like the stamping over the embossed look:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is amazing Mandy!! I loveeeeeeee that stitching!!! Pinning!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is brilliant!!! Wow!

Deb said...

Wow! Mandy, this is gorgeous. I love the effect of the stamping on that MME paper.......fabulous.

myriammg said...

your work on this fabolous LO is so amazing !!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, you make the most artistic and amazing pages, Mandy! I love, love, love your take on this sketch! Your grid work is so beautiful, and love your clever stamping on the embossed paper. Your circle element on the side with the fussy cut photos is just stunning, too!

S said...

Gorgeous. Enough said.

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Mandy love it

Janene said...

That is an awesome layout. Happy to have found your blog!