Monday, 9 June 2014

Refresh Your Craft and Soul Blog Event....

 
 
 
Happy LONG weekend for those here in Australia
Its been great to be able to have Hannah home for an extra day, the weather here has be pretty good for June
  and even better . ... some extra time to scrap!
 
So I've been playing (and being inspired) by Jennifer Grace's blog event....
 
 
It reminds me of the ole 'cybercrop' days...
remember them??  I used to LOVE them!
This theme to refresh our craft and souls is great too!
 
It was ironic because in my last post, I said, 'I don't think I could create without criteria now'
weeeeell, here's an answer - Jennifer Grace as come up with many inspiring sets of criteria...
just what I need to keep thoughts fresh/refreshed and creating!


 
First off was an inspirational Tag -
 
Use a pocket card as the base for a tag
Combine two happy phrases to brighten someone’s day
Finish off with a twine bow
 
I made mine for Hannah's little German vintage quote book that been in the making for too long... and I try to add in an extra page whenever I can.....(need reminding to do this!!!) Once finished, Hannah will hopefully use this to give her day a little lift... or when she is feeling down or homesick.
 
 
I loved that the criteria had two happy quotes... and for Hannah setting out on her new life these are positive reinforcements.....
There's a pocket card for the background with a touch of white paint around the edges, covered by one of Heidi Swapp's frames - it really was a great idea and quick easy way to get another page done for this book!

 
Definitely the opposite page needed some attention.
 I had some of those huge diecut  '&'s which never knew what to do with - so worked out all round to give them a home shadowing each other.  Managed to paint the background to match the background of the pocket card on the other side. YAY!  It all came together - and it was relatively easy!
 
 
 
 
Mount two sheets of square patterned paper at the back of your project
Choose two sentiments instead of one
Use your favourite techniques to keep things simple
 
Keeping to my thoughts of Hannah (probably because she is sitting on the other side of my table studying) this LO just happened.... Its of her first few days in her new room which I painted out, then furnished and filled with her things from home.  Refreshing what she needs, and for me to know she will be happy.....
I mounted the two sheets of patterned paper - the blue woodgrain on top of the yellow spot.
Both favourite old paper scraps now used!  The sentiments are 'Hello' and 'Awesome Day' both cuts from pocket cards.  Hannah does look like she's popping through the circle frame with a 'Hello' and it was an 'Awesome Day' because her new room was finished!  She was so happy!
 
My favourite techniques would be stamping and creating texture on backgrounds....
and add a good watercolour pencil for a touch of colour...
 
 
So they were added in as well.
 
 
So much more to do.....
so off to create!
 
There's a fabulous grand prize to win
along with others for giveaways and challenges
Refresh Your Craft and Soul Giveaway at Jennifer Grace Creates
 
 
 
xx
 


6 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

That book is looking amazing....great way to whip up a quick tag, too.....LOOOOVE & ADORE your LO...the yellow & red...YUM! And the circles & wavy lined bits.....I just really think it's fabulous:):) All I did was clean up my scrap room & FINALLY tuck away the ephemera from our 2012 OS trip into the scrap book pockets!!!!

Lizzyc said...

These look wonderful.. that sounds like an inspirational challenge site!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! These are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee that book!!!!!!

Deb said...

I love the little vintage quote book you are creating, Mandy. I'm sure it will be a real treasure. Love that layout too. Looks like you have had a fun weekend.

Heather McMahon said...

Oh lucky you - it sounds like you're getting lots of creating time in! I love these. That book is gorgeous and the layout is perfect for the challenge.

Jennifer Grace said...

Wow these are amazing! I love that quote book, what a fabulous project. The stitching and painting are beautiful. I love the layout too, especially all the texture on the background, and how Hannah is popping through with a 'hello'! Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at Jennifer Grace Creates! x