Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Let's Get Shabby Challenge #56


 
Its a fabulous challenge (#56) for
 
 
as its one of my favourite products to use......
 
TRANSPARENCIES!
 
And I love enclosing sequins and sparkle in plastic pockets....
so for this challenge, I thought another page for my little 'Snow Album' (from our trip to Cradle Mountain with Julie and Asher when they visited last year) was long overdue....
 
My girls (by the iced-over lake in the background)....
its the first time I'd ever seen this lake in this state.
 
 
I wanted a patterned paper border on one side, so cut this one away...


 
Then added to the side of my plastic pocket...



So here are the pretty bits.... the pinwheel sequins, little blue sequins and diecut little flakes made by my bigshot - all dropped into the sleeve.....but.........


Something bothers me..... its the congregation of the pretty bits BEHIND the photo where they cant be seen.......so......
Solution!..... move the pretties to the edges and sew the photo (with its fibre behind) down!


 
 

Here's the sneak peek at the reverse... its almost completed...just add another photo when the time comes!  And there is no problem with disappearing pretty bits and it also keeps them fairly evenly spaced out without them falling in a heap together :)



 
 
Adding some snowball trim down the side....


 
And a love heart as we LOVE this place - its a special one we like to visit often!
 
 
 
All done and in its album!



I hope you can join in on the 'Transparency' Challenge!
 
You can find it HERE



xx

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

The stitching works sooo well - love that 'pom pom' trim, too...the whole idea is FABULOUS....loooove the finished look:):):)

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful.. love the sequins, and how clever you really have 2 pages not just one!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the mesh material, the colors and the snowflakes!!!!!

Dolly B said...

Such a fabulous idea for transparency and great for snow photo's. Love this
Mary

Julie said...

Just divine Missy. Love it.