Sunday, 15 June 2014

Jennifer Grace's Blog Event.....

 
 
Two more challenges completed...
 
first is the
 
 
A long time ago - I bought one of those small resist bottles with the long needle point to freehand fine resist lines......and weeeeeeell, I think I managed a couple of applications before that clogged up no matter how many times I was so  quick using it and got that needle point back into the syringe part became useless!
A lot of money for little gain, so stuck it away on the shelf in a huff and forgot about it.
Then came along Jennifer Grace's 'Resist Me' challenge - and I got to thinking....
hmmmn....maybe if I took the whole lid off, and used a fine-ish paint brush - it could redeem itself...
and sure enough... it did and I'm so happy with the result!  I'll use it again!
(It's been refreshed and recycled lol!)  Another page done for our travel album :)
 
 
So, yes... off with the lid and painted a few frames....
At this stage, I had NO idea what was going to happen next, no photos and no plans.... 


Add a couple of little leaf stamps... now these are really OLD 'Daisy Bucket' stamps that have only ever been used a couple of times.... another thing 'refreshed'.   Hmmmn, think these are going to be used more often too!  Maybe they have come back round in fashion!

 


 Brushed over with white paint, script stamped... and a spray of colour....


Black fine-liner to give definition to the leaves...and  with some of the resist rubbed off , along with some of the frames..... it started to come together....


 
What fun.... decided to use it for the travel album.... added pics and alphas!

 
 
Love the result... will be doing more of this!



 
------------------
 
 
Next was a Sketch Challenge
New House For Spring layout by Jennifer Grace
 
 
Sticking with my travel album.... three more photos scrapped!
It was reversed...



 

 All done...
xx
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! These are gorgeous!! LOVING that you brought out your old bottle and made those AWESOME frames!!!!

S said...

What a great vibe that technique brought to your first page, and the unexpected blue brought to the second. Well crafted on both counts!

Deb said...

Love what you have done with the frames and those little stamped leaves have come up a treat. Gorgeous pages, Mandy.

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful creating and looks like a like of fun and learning too..

Lizzy Hill said...

Soo clever how you do the frames & THEN work out what to scrap! Clever or weird, actually!!! For you it works a treat. I've got Goosebumps spray that has done EXACTLY the same thing----need to do something similar! And the bottom page is fabulous, too....BTW...those top red alphas....YUM!!

Lisa-Jane said...

Looks like you've had fun with all the challenges - I love all your projects but this top one is stunning! Thanks for stopping by my blog as part of the Refresh blog hop!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Page one: SO Italian! Gorgeous chiaroscuro (okay - I did have to look up the correct spelling, but it was exactly what I thought it was & what you did with your page)

Page two: SO Oriental! The red & golden yellow set the stage perfectly.

Jennifer Grace said...

These both look fantastic. Oh Oh Oh you have made me really excited because you've reminded me I have some of that resist-paint stuff bought from an art shop years ago and I'd forgotten all about it until I read this, I hope it still works! I really love the leaves with the doodling you added!

I love how you used the sketch too, the triangles pointing down the left hand side look great!

Thank you so much for joining in the challenges at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

Ludkasz said...

Fantastic:)