Thursday, 12 June 2014

Jennifer Grace's Blog Event (continued)



I've had another couple of goes with inspiration and challenges at Jennifer Grace's blog event....
 
 
This time, I really took to this set of criteria...
 
  Make a waterfall / river / sea with mixed-media layers
Create a monotone project
Stitch some wavy lines
 
Loved the idea of creating some sort of sea theme... with drippy mixed media and YAY...creating another page  for Hannah's book!
I've kind of kept it monotone with blue/greens./turquoise and its hard to stitch a little book with frail pages, so stamping wavy stitch lines works for me!


I'm really hoping this quote will resonate with Hannah that when things get tough, its about how we learn the skills and strength to handle difficult situations no matter what they are that matter



Love these products...
Izink...I think I have just about every colour! 
the embossed heavy vellum was K&Co  (remember them?)
It was the first sort of 'real' embossed vellum out in the 'old days'... I'm sure I've had this longer than a decade!!!!    Diving into the ole scrap box towards the bottom...there it was!  AND I LOVE it!
Sometimes I'm REALLY glad I'm not a 'purger'!!  (weeeell, one of the rare times! LOL)

 
 
-----------------------------------
 
This project is part of a challenge also for Jennifer Grace's blog event....
 

I used the extra criteria too...

Use a refreshing teal & orange colour combination
Add an extra detail to an embellishment (like the flag on the castle)
Have at least 4 different alpha sets in one title



 
 
I've used one of Jennifer Grace's Etsy  suns.... dyed orange :)
Aren't they cute!  Perfect for the page ...


 Some of my products... including my handmade tree....

 
 
Cut out a trunk and top part
 

 
Popped some 'orange' into the tree too for a bit of contrast...

 
 
And covered with a torn off bit of vellum..

 
 
Very busy here at the moment... its all I can do to get some scrapping very late at night...
and pushing to even get them into a post...
Bring on the next school holidays!!!!
(not for a few more weeks yet)
 
 


3 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

These are both lovely, I really like the stamped stitch lines on the book page (and the quote is perfect). On the layout it's super exciting to see one of my wood veneers in use by someone else! I love the handmade tree on here too. Thanks so much for joining in the challenges at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just gorgeous! I love love love love love the colors and that tree on your second page!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful creating, love the quote in the journal book..