Sunday, 1 June 2014

Creative Scrappers, Whimsical Musings and Counterfeit Challenges

 
 
Catching up on the last of May's challenges before starting on the June ones.
I love doing the amount of challenges I can get through each month because it gets my photos scrapped.... I love the thought provoking way each set of criteria sets the wheels in motion to get a page together.  Some challenges have prizes  or a mention and that's a bonus if  one gets lucky enough, and some don't have anything - but boy the criteria is a lot of fun.  
 I've gotten into a habit... I tend to now need criteria!   I'm not sure if someone said to me  'Sit and scrap a page'.  What would I do??   I'd sit there a while!  LOL, then - I'd search for some sort of criteria!  Have you created this habit for yourself?
 
Anyway, here's the latest:
 
This was a funny story to scrap.... Paige lined up with a crowd to get a photo at Kings Cross Station... and one photographer was just going on a break and the other had just taken over - as Paige did one of her jumps, the leaving photographer caught a glimpse and quick as a flash was back getting the camera back to finish the shot!  (it was a little funny!) Luckily I had my camera in my hand and to a much amused Paige - I took photos of the event!  There were definitely plans for Paige's photo!
 
 
 
 


-------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
'Use Paint'
 
So out came the stencils and white paint... I LOVE this stencil!
A slight brush with Pan Pastels gave a little colour to some of the circles...



 
---------------------------------------------
 
 
'Use a lot of one embellishment'
 
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, I do tend to have a lot of pinwheel sequins - especially in white...
AND this beautiful photo of Paige in a tutu really afforded the use of them...being kinda tutu round and variegated.  The painted background was the white wash left over on the stencil from the above  LO, so with my brayer and not to waste any paint - on it went to black paper.
A bit more minimalist here.
 
 
 
 
xx 
 
 


16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous! LOVING all the circles on the second one!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHaAAAAA....sooooo...after using all your cupcake sequins...surely they're all gone?????!!!
Sorry....that circle stencil is FABBO....& I must say, the story of the Railway platform......love the whole way you've created it into a page for Paige....AND yup! I'm off to Orange to see Mary B for a couple of days...so I'm scouring the 'new' challenges before I go. I don't think I'd find it as much fun just to scrap a page without some criteria to 'challenge' me!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Wow!!!

Peg Hewitt said...

Love them all for comnpletely different reasons, love that your scrapping is so versatile, very inspiring.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow all the layouts are so cool! the circles in the bottom one is really something :) I agree with what you said in you opening paragraph it is fun to scrap with the challenges it gets me through them

Ludkasz said...

Your works are fantastic:)

Diane said...

Wonderful layouts and fun pictures.

Hugs Diane

Julene Matthews said...

Gorgeous ballet layout Mandy. So glad you've joined in at Counterfeit Kits again.
The other layout is fun too and I agree with what you say at the beginning.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I am like you, I need "something" to get me started, however, I am a very slow scrapper, I probably just do one or two layout a month. Your layouts are fun, sweet and awesome!

Angela Coles said...

wow, those are fabulous. I especially like your use of circles in the background. I'm inspired. Thank you

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful creations, fabulous takes on these challenges...

yyam said...

These are amazing as always Mandy!
I tend to use challenges as a starting point too. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, you are SO seriously creative, Mandy...whether you use a prompt or not! I LOVE these pages! Your use of paints and stencils is amazing! I LOVE those circles, and the way you added the light wash of color is stunning. SO clever how you used the leftover paint on your ballerina page, too. SO pops with the graphic black and white!

sandi said...

These are fantastic! Love what you've done here!!!!!!!!!!

Amiche di Scrap said...

Hi Mandy, we're glad to announce that you're the winner of our PL challenge at Amiche di Scrap, congrats!
We'd like to invite you to be our GD for the same category of challenge for July, we hope you can accept :)
Please send an email to amichediscrap@gmail.come to know the request for the challenge and please give us also your address where we can deliver the little prize of the two washi tapes which you won!
TTYL and thanks again for your fantastic work!

Lisa said...

Such gorgeously creative, artsy layouts! Of course,I especially love the use of paint in the second but the combination of all those pinwheels on the third is amazing too. I use challenges a lot but less these days than in e past. Of course, I still have my three full months of LOAD which is possibly enough challenge for the year!