Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Scrap 365 Sketch....


 
 
Have you ever strolled a beach and picked up a piece of china or porcelain?
Where I live, if you are lucky enough... the sea gives up some of these little treasures with their broken edges smoothed with the tumbling of the tides over time...
If only these pieces could speak...
 
 
The sketch has a strong graphic, (which is perfect in it's way of putting pieces together) and is basic enough to be very adaptable....
I've flipped it sideways...
 
And because mostly its dinnerware, I felt the paper doilies were appropriate, and the touch of gold - maybe for 'high tea'?   The little pinwheels and gemstone brads representative of shells.


 
And what of the doll's half face?  Who was the little girl who loved it?

 
It only begs more questions?
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

Terhi Koskinen - Tellimaria said...

Great subject, very interesting!!
And I love the way you used the sketch.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap365 <3

Lizzy Hill said...

Yeah, right....we KNOW you can 'pretend' those little pinwheel sequins are whatever you want them to be....you just 'haaaaad' to use them, I KNOW!!!! LOL....they look just as gorgeous as ever & I'm like you - love how there's a story behind stuff....that you will never know...but that doesn't stop you making one up, eh???!!!!! LOOOVE that most of it is blues....convict era, do you think????? Anyways, great page....love the gold, too:)

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow, yes I wonder where these pieces have come from and who was the previous owners.. very intriguing... I have found shells and sea stuff, but never porcelain.. I wonder if you have had a lot of ship wrecks or whether the tides bring that stuff in.. I am curious now!!! Love your layout about this too..

S said...

Very nice page. I've never seen anything so pretty as broken china wash up on the beach. And I'm not sure if it would make me happy or sad.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow ... what a fabulous thing to document!!! I loveeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the cluster of photos and that textured background!!!!!

Deb said...

Oh Wow! What intriguing finds. Makes me want to take a walk on the beach right now. Love your page to bits.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome!!!! Love the subject and your layout!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, no....I've never once even thought about china pieces washing up on the beach. Never seen that here. Once in a blue moon, we do find some sea glass, though. This is gorgeous! Love the "dinnertime" doilies you added and all the touches of gold!

Editor, Scrap365 said...

Fascinating stuff! Beautiful layout...again :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap365, Ali x

Jennifer Grace said...

I don't think I've ever seen china washed up on the beach, you've got some good pieces! I love the gold doilies on your page. Thank you for joining in the Scrap365 Sketch challenge! x