Saturday, 24 May 2014

Paperdvizhnik Sketch #42

 
 
is 'minimalist' so it has much scope to play with design.
This lovely Green Leaf Insect, crawled out of my freshly brought in washing from the line,  then sprung onto a thicker alpha on my table.  I grabbed the camera.....
 
 
 
 
The two little photos spot on the sketch inspired double vellum stitched pockets to fit a couple of tags underneath with journaling of the story of our visiting bug (with a broken antennae).
It was such so inquisitive -  it came so close to the lens like it was trying to look 'in' and next second, climbed on the camera lens and up over the top - with me catching a pic of its tail on its upward scaling!  Soon it was eye to eye with me - time to put down camera before my face became the next climbing event!
 
And the colour splotches on the sketch became gelato drawn flowers for my friendly green leaf bug.
 
lots of stamping in leaves, print and brickwork.... plus sentiments
 
 
This sketch was perfect!
 
xx
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love & adore it...what a wonderful personality your insect has!! BRILL photos & those gelato flowers are yum...best of all is the title AND I love the stamping on the photos, too.... Let's face it...love it all:):) I'd give you the winners ticket:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and those circle flowers!!!!

Heather McMahon said...

Not only was the sketch perfect but so is this page! I absolutely love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, what a fun surprise visitor you had! LOVE that you were able to snatch a couple of photos, and really love the fun page you created! Fabulous vellum pocket you made behind the photos. And LOVE your gelato flowers!

Deb said...

This is gorgeous, Mandy. What great photos you got of your little visitor. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those flowers.

Jasmine S said...

Oh wow, I think I had my nose pressed up to the computer screen to see those flowers. Just fabulous.

sandi said...

This is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your take on the sketch! Wow!