Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Off the Rails Card Challenge & Counterfeit Kits.....

 
 
Card Challenge is all about animal prints....
 
I REALLY need to make some cards to put in my stash!
So this challenge is great!
 
I've got some animal print behind my little diecut butterflies.....
 
 
You can find this fabulous challenge here
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
After making up my kit (which has already been dipped into quite a bit!!!!)
 
The usual Monthly (May) Challenge One was put up straight away....
(love it when that happens!)
 
 
 Weather Related:  
Use a weather Icon (sun, cloud, raindrops...) on your project.
 
So  thought I'd try catch up on my PL pages and got done....
 
Week 11
when us girls get to run away to a three night scrappy camp!
 
 
 
 
THEN......
(which ran over the weekend)
http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/wonderful-world-of-color-nsd-event.html
 
so here's what I've been up to so far with them...
(we've got until the 16th to upload)
 
Make a banner
Use at least 5 colors
 Add a mixture of words (or letters to spell a word) and graphics (pictures, die cuts...)
 
  The banner is made up of some punched out hearts (all scrap paper) and beaded string....

 
 
Added in some punched out circles too - and stamped some sentiments...




 Strung out in front of the dining room's fireplace
 
 
 



 
 
 
 It really was a bit of fun as I haven't made one before - it was quick and easy.
And as Hannah was leaving us (after 2 week Easter break) to go back to her study in Hobart.... I wound it around a piece of card and popped it in her bag as a surprise she uncovered when she unpacked.   It put a smile on her face.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next challenge came in the form of....
by Jennifer Grace
 Choose a photo to scrap or a project to work on and then think carefully about the mood you want to set with your colors before you stick anything together.
 
 
 
 I've set this LO in blues/greens - it shows tranquillity and calmness.... photos of Meaghan who lives abroad.  It's so good to see her relaxed and happy and enjoying her surroundings.
 
 
 
 LOL, this is a 'reminder' for Meaghan to remember to keep sending me her photos! 


 



*edited*  to add in -
Meaghan saw her 'reminder' and sent this in an email...

Ok so I got your reminder LO!!
I haven't updated facebook recently with my pics, but otherwise you will have to wait until you come visit me in NZ and I give you the originals :)
Xxxx


Hee hee.....4 weeks and she'll be in New Zealand AND I will visit!! 
  Oh and did you see she wrote 'LO'  goodness, she is understanding 'scrappy jargon'!!!!

Love it!




 

 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Lovely projects and just love the bottom layout and how you used icon for the word, very calm layout :)

Julene Matthews said...

Mandy your weather related umbrella with bling raindrops is awesome.
I also enjoyed seeing your other projects too. I will check out the animal card site.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeee that heart banner!!

Deb said...

These are all super gorgeous, Mandy. Love your little "rumble in the jungle" card and your heart banner.......just beautiful.

Lizzy Hill said...

Soooo....just wondering how your kitchen [was it??] painting is going...cos you've still got your scrap on & HOW!!! Love it all - & what a fab idea putting the banner in her bags AND not long 'til your big girl is within striking distance........& that little card is super cute, too:):) You're making me want to do the Counterfeit challenges, too....maybe next month!!!

Lizzyc said...

You have been busy! Love your card very clever to use the animal print under the butterflies.. fabulous layouts and love the happy heart banner too!!

Jennifer Grace said...

Amazing projects! I love the raindrops on your scrappy camp page. And the reminder to Maeghan layout does feel very tranquil thanks to the green! Thank you for joining in the Color Your Mood challenge! x

Fiona Paltridge said...

Loving that "Rumble in the Jungle"card. What a great use of animal print on those circles! Thank you for joining us over at Off the Rails xx

Narelle Fasulo said...

I love the card you created for our challenge. The animal print is very nice and I love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us over at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

Jimjams said...

My goodness you have been busy! Great fun banner, fabulous cards and a lovely (and effective as a reminder!) mood page of Meaghen!

Virginia said...

Wow what fabulous layouts - love the colours in them!

Lisa said...

You never fail to delight me with your amazing projects. All that layered up, distressed goodness and bunches of thread just to make me extra happy! Your banner is super cute and the tones in the Jennifer Grace challenge are really perfect! What a lovely collection of scrappy goodness.