Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Creative Scrappers #268 and Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #5

 
 
I'm well and truly home from Scrappy Camp and back at work....
 
It was so great to break from reality!
 
Here are a couple of LO's finished while away...
 
 
 
Loved this sketch and it was different to what I've done before.
 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dvY4d5h_32Y/U20CSgC0lrI/AAAAAAAAHXs/dXXfUHSvJ4I/s1600/Creative+Scrappers+268.jpg
 
Stamped and Dimensional Magic-ed the butterflies in the little circles with a slathering of gesso underneath.
 
 
-----------------------
 
 
 
Using a mix of patterns.
 
I thought this would be tough on me and moving out of my comfort circle as I'm not reeeeeally a pattern paper scrapper, only because I never seem to know what to do with it....weeeeeell, rarely.
 
So this was a chance to have a go, and managed with no trouble using a Tim Holtz die!  I'm totally smitten with this die - and all the pattern papers worked though it did take some time inking, gluing and placing each piece!   I thoroughly enjoyed this!
 
 
 
 
 
xx
 


8 comments:

Gayle Price said...

Gorgeous Mandy ! I absolutely love both of these. That Tim Holtz die is fantastic...will have to keep an eye out for that one. xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the circles and butterflies on the first one!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Two extraordinary layouts.. love your funky take on the first sketch and love your lattice pieces in the second.. you must have been very patient doing the second layout!! stunning results!

Lizzy Hill said...

Looove the top one & really, REALLY adore the 2nd one...that 'lattice' die is yum & the pp look like they were butter in your fingers;)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Inspiring work! Love love love what you did with that lattice die!!! 2 clever! :D

Audrey Pettit said...

Such beautiful layouts, Mandy! I absolutely adore what you did with the new Frameworks die! Such a great way to mix in a bunch of different prints, and I just love the scattered mosaic design you created with all the pieces. Looks absolutely amazing! And omword, how I LOVE those stamped circles with the butterflies! Love the little clips and all the little details you added to each vignette. Really cool effects with the gesso and netting. Love how you notched out the half circles and added them to the top and bottom, too. These are just stunning!

Jasmine S said...

It has been so long since I stopped by and well, I have had a lovely time looking through your wonderful, arty, innovative, eclectic, fabulous creations. So much inspiration here.

Sherri Scrapper said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the diecut pieces of pattern pattern along with the solids. Love it and might try to incorporate this technique sometime! Thanks for joining the SSCC!