Wednesday, 30 April 2014

WW1 and Stuck!?

 
 
I've had a lovely time the last few days scrapping my heart out after such a long break... and with holidays fast running out.......I must get some painting (of the kitchen!) done, so I wont get to the end getting ready for going back to work  and having a heap of scrapping done, but no big jobs around the house completed (that I'd promised myself to get done LOL)! 
 
Anyway, only for a few days!
 
 
Here's the latest...
 
 
Did my best to get the colour right....  aaah well....
Meaghan spends each of her Christmas' in the European mountains skiing while living away especially since she cant come home, but she hooks up with her girlfriends - mostly ex-pats and away they go. 
 
 
  WW1
 
I've used a mixture of fibres in loose and close weave to replicate the mountain lines....
The loose weave is really hard to see....


 
 
-------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
A great sketch to play with two photos....
 
 
 

 
 
 
Quickly drew up the tops of the buildings and stuck them in behind the photo - it seemed cut off, as well as placing some fibre behind Paige's head...just extends the photo a little more.






------------------------------------
 
Weeeell, that's my scrapping for now I think.....
better break out some paint brushes and go wash down some walls!
 
 
xx
 
 


10 comments:

Laura said...

Wow what gorgeous pages, loving the pops of green in the first page and the fab texture in the second! So glad you shared with us at Stuck?!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!!! LOVING the mint on the first one!!!

Sandy Ross said...

Another fabulous layout! I love how you finished off the buildings! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Lizzyc said...

Wow these look wonderful!! All the best with the painting!!

Lee-Anne said...

Love your banner. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Deb said...

Oooo! I am so loving all of your scrappy creations. Love that little banner AND more gorgeous projects in the post below.....love that little snow album.

Alz said...

I soooo love your style Mandy! Can't wait to see what you do with the colour at WW1 next month. Presuming of course that you've finished painting the kitchen!!! :)

Rikki Graziani said...

WOw love your touches of mint. Very elegant.
Thank you for playing along with WW1

Lizzy Hill said...

Awww:(:( NOOOOOOO!!!! I sooo enjoy looking at your pages...Oh, I was gonna email - but since I'm here - my LGS goodies arrived today...THANKYOU for EVERYTHING in the little package. Loved your note!!! Already used the transparency...LOL!!! Quick, eh???!!!! Won't be up til the 10th:) Anyways...loving these ones...the ski one with the 'weave' is cute....my fave is the drawn buildings one...soooo creative! And the banner. YUM!!!!!
Enjoy the kitchen painting. Please don't get too carried away & add birds & nests....well, only one or two:):):)!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful! So, so fun and playful and as always, filled with such cool details. I would never think to use fiber for mountain lines like you did, and it is just genius. Would never think of a butterfly for a snow layout, either, yet it works so well. You are just SO clever! Love the fabric banners on your travel page, too. And the extension of the buildings is awesome. Just flows so seamlessly!