Friday, 25 April 2014

Let's Get Shabby #54, PaperDvizhnik, OBW and PL....

 
 
Its all about Maps!
 
I've got so many travel photos I'd love to scrap...so this was a great challenge to get me started on it again!
 
This is Paige & I about a third through our 10 kilometre hike on the 'Jinshanling' section of the Great Wall. It was very taxing and mostly rubble or massive step climbs (using hands as well), even our Chinese guide thought we (along with dh and Hannah) were crazy to tackle it.  I must admit I did question the idea midway! (Maybe the tourist section would have been a better idea!) But we managed and got through it.  This section of the wall is untouched by tourism and photos can be taken without being shoulder to shoulder with other tourists.  In fact, we were almost alone - other than a pair of sprukers!




 
The cotton fibres like the ones above form part of the prize this month!
 
You can find the challenge HERE
 
-----------------------------
 
 
 
Using a 'cute' photo
 
Looking through photos to find 'cute', could not go past this gorgeous pic of a little gosling that walked with us in St James Park in London this time last year...
It seemed so confident strutting along.....I got down low behind it and managed to get a photograph - way way adorable!
 
 
I really wanted to replicate the way it walked with us.... so cut out a little duck foot with cardboard and painted it with gesso...
 
and stamped it on the cardstock
 
Then, outline the little feet with black, and not to throw away the little cardboard stamp, stuck it on one of the footprints for some texture :) 


 
 
Diecut doilies and feathers....


 
 
Extended the black branches beyond the transparency on the photo by using a black pen


---------------------------------------------



 
 
http://our--beautiful--world--365.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/week-43-transport.html
 
 
Weeeeeeeeeeell, this is transport! (though somewhat fun!)
Meaghan and Hannah at Harry Potter Studios on 'Hagrid's' motorbike with the 'Knight Bus' in the background......
 
 

-----------------------------------------
 
 
 

Project Life
 
 
Week 4
Much travel in this week... Hannah went to Melbourne to visit a school friend, and then we ended up in Hobart as Hannah will be moving there to study.... and while there, visited my gf who had just became a grandmother......  it was so exciting for her!   Hannah had her very first nurse a baby!



 
Week 5
Meaghan came home on a surprise visit for my birthday from the UK...
What a wonderful family get-together we had this week!



 
Week 6
The girls had a wonderful week together, but sadly it came to an end...
 
---------------------------------
 
 
Oh goodness, that was a big post!!
It feels so good to be scrapping again!
 
xx
 
 
 


11 comments:

Deb said...

Oooooo! more gorgeous PL pages and how super cute are the little duck feet that you created.....a gorgeous page, Mandy.

Ros Crawford said...

I Love your scrap pages - especially the one with the duckling ... so adorable with your little touches and your photo is brilliant for our prompt ... Thanks so much for sharing at Our Beautiful World!

Ein wenig hiervon & davon said...

Such a cool Scrap Page!
I like it very much, it was very interesting to read everything around the pictures.

Thanks for visiting my blog & leving words there!

Have a nice Day ... Frauke

Audrey Pettit said...

I am SO glad you are scrapping again, too, my friend! My gosh, I love your work beyond anything I can express! I think I've stared at everything in this post for at least 10 minutes!! Your attention to detail is absolutely amazing. And I have to know....did you draw that Great Wall scene? That is so, so freaking cool, and I love how you added the red trail transparency over the top and the bits of torn Chinese lettering paper, too. The texture from the netting is really awesome. Your duckling layout could not be any cuter, either. LOVE those little duck prints you made. Again, sooooo clever! The branch extension and the die cuts and messy paint and mesh are fabulous. LOVE your PL pages, and your fun Harry Potter photo, too. This just totally lifted my spirits this morning. TFS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow! You have been busy!! These are all gorgeous!! Loving the China one!!!!!!

Julene Matthews said...

Mandy you have been busy! You might want to check out Counterfeit Kits in May,it seems great minds think alike with maps (wink,wink)

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Mandy, very cool transport photos - the kids would especially love seeing the Harry Potter bus and motorcycle (so would I), thanks for sharing with OBW, Robyn

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh so many beautiful layout, the foot print of the duckie is really really cute!
I like the faces of the girls, it must be really fun to ride on those, however, I want that purple thing at the background! : )
Awesome PL spread, I have yet dare to try on the big album, maybe next year?
Thanks for stopping by at Our Beautiful World and it is certainly good to see you here again!

Lizzy Hill said...

That was a big post! But really fun to read & browse through....loooove & adore the duck duck feet...& they way you extended the photo..CLEVER!!! And also the fibre in the LGS one....looks fabulous...loved seeing the PL, too:):) I'm still sticking to once a month & it's working for me!!!

Milagros C Rivera said...

What a treat reading your post, love the Great Wall page!
Fantastic share on transport
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Beautiful World!

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful post! Love EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!