Monday, 28 April 2014

Creative Scrappers #266, Whimsical Musings #132, April Orange Paperie

 
What a hoot... I've actually managed to stumble across some of my most older papers to use in these three LO's... the first one is 1999! (it says so on the back!)LOL...
The second one, is a very old DaisyD's, (a brand gone a few years now, but was ahead of its time - it would do better in an arty way these days)  and the third one is 2005 (also says on the back!)
 
 
Oh boy I had fun with this... lots of Izink colour and canvas butterflies in the negative and positive!
I've really grown to love my brad speared pinwheel sequins (ha...maybe that might become a new trend! hee hee)  and the sketch really afforded the use of them!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
---------------------------------------
 
 
First time I've played along, and I really got hooked by the criteria...
To be inspired by a LOGO...
 
Weeeeell, I had a bit of a 'google'  for 'logos' and this one came up almost immediately....
 
 
Easy Peasy!
 
I knew what my LO would be!
Got the watercolour pencils out for shading...
 
Yeah, I know..... more pinwheels!
 
 
 
------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Circles and Flourishes....
This was a fun challenge...  all the stag-jumps Paige playfully did for the camera from around China.  Couldn't believe we forgot to get one on the Great Wall - aaah well. 
 

 
 
 
It's so nice to be on holidays... just this week left...
Loving it!
 
 
xx
 
 

10 comments:

Lizzyc said...

These are fabulous! Very creative layouts for each challenge!

Jo said...

What a fun layout & a very unique way to record your trip. I love all your circles. Thanks for joining us at the Orange Paperie & co. I can't wait to see more of your work.

Deb said...

WOW! Mandy, these are all amazing. Love those little pinwheel sequins.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous! LOVING the butterflies on the first one!! And how awesome to use up older stash ... I LOVED Daisy D's! One of my faves!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh yeah, I can see those daisy sequins taking off!!!! LOL....they look great - all your pages do...think my fave is the top one--those butterflies...& the watery painty stuff happening....sigh...gorg!!! Only a week left...nooooooo!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow! I'm SO glad you are finding the time to scrap again, and sharing all your beautiful creations with us! Your style is so artistic and free, and SO beautiful! Love that you used some of your old, old papers. You make them look so fresh, and new, I would never know. Love what you did with the canvas butterflies and negatives. The embossed border down the side works so perfectly with your design. Really love what you've done with those fun sequins. And love all the stitching and stars on your panda layout. Super fun use of washi and trims there, too. And I super adore all the circles on your last page. Now that is just plain fun!

Lisa said...

I'm so thrilled that you joined in our little WM challenge! and with such a wonderful layout too. I adore that you used the WWF logo - one of my favourite charities and along with those wonderful panda photos. Your layout is amazing and I'm a little in love with your sequin pinwheels! They look amazing. A great collection of layouts - once again, thanks for joining in!

Dolly B said...

Love all these Mandy. Love the soft water colour effect of the first one, the second such gorgeous photos , scrapped beautifully and the third, what a great idea to document your trip. Thank you for joining in at Orange Paperie and hope you join us again with your lovely pages
Mary

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome layouts, Mandy! So fun and fabulous and you make scrapbooking look so easy!

Kim Ewins said...

Gorgeous work, Mandy!!!
Love your creation for Orange Paperie & Co.....thank you for sharing with us!