Sunday, 27 April 2014

April Artastic, PL + Creative Scrappers #265

 
 
 
 
Fun/Silliness....
APRIL inspiration from Charles Blackman - The Chess Game

I really loved the colours in this painting - the yellows, the checker board....it resonated in my LO in polka dots with a pop of yellow,  and red....for vibrancy. 
 
Back in September, Paige went back overseas with her school friends and their French teacher (who is amazing)  and the one thing she wanted to do....weeeell there were actually two..... go to Disneyland in Paris (which we didn't get to go to last April) and get some Minnie Mouse ears!!!  She was so excited and sent some photos through her phone to me (so not great quality) with the message "I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!!!"  
 
Simple Stories 'Say Cheese' are just sooooo perfect for these kinds of LO's!


-----------------------------------------
 
 
Project Life
 
Week 7



Week 8
 
 
 
Week 9
Sorry about some of the pics have sun 'flare' on them - grr...
Our little Chirp....  boy she grew fast!

 
--------------------------------------------
 
 
This sketch has a Project Life feel to it, so decided to use it for my
 
WEEK 10
Even though I've done the sketch in a 12x12 orientation...its great to give my PL album something different, yet still be in keeping with the PL style.
I really enjoyed this!  
 
I've tipped it on its side
 
 
------------------------------------------
 
xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

You are back with a vengeance! LOOOVe the mouse LO; PL is beaut - especially the ballet page [sigh!] & my favest [of COURSE] is the bright lime green almost pl 12" one....that butterfly! BRILL!!!! And yeah....snuck under with the birthday & I honestly, HONESTLY couldn't think of any thing current that was embarrassing.....!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are rockin' them out girl!! I loveeeeeeeeeee all of these!!!!

Deb said...

Oooo! Mandy, I love your Minnie Mouse page and the inspiration you have taken from this month's artwork. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic. AND more wonderful PL pages and love your take on the sketch too.

Jane said...

Love your Disney page and those ears seriously rock. Thank you so much for sharing with us on ARTastic. And of course your take on the sketch and pocket pages are wonderful as well :)

Elaine said...

How lucky is your girl! Your page is great. The black background make your bright colours pop. Your embellishments are simple but add so much to your page. Love it. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at ARTastic.
I enjoyed your project life pages too. Wish I was that organised.

Lizzyc said...

You have been busy.. wonderful creating, love the PL, great photos and memories!

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, you've gotten so many layouts done! And how beautiful they are! Loving all your PL pages. That last 12x12 layout works really well with the PL style. Absolutely love that grid design, and you used it beautifully. All the stamping looks amazing. Absolutely LOVE that Disney layout, too! Wow, what a bold and graphic design. SO eye catching!

diane hasthorpe said...

I love your Disney page.. great colours against the black. This just pops so much! A great memory page that ceratinly goes so well with our challenge at ARTastic. Thank you for playing. Also love your other pages... stunning.Cheers, Di

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Your Disney page look fab.!! Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

DebiJ said...

What a fun & gorgeous LO here Mandy..perfect for our challenge...how exciting to have been to the Paris Disneyland..woo hoo!I love your stitched teacups...marvellous!
Thank you for playing along with us at ARTastic.

Tone-Lill said...

so many fantastic creations on your blog page :)
I love your Disney page and that you made it on black bg. Thank you for playing along wiyh our challenge at ARTastic :)

Aubrieannie UU said...

Sometimes I think it is so hard to get pages that do Disney to look special. This is FANTASTIC. Love the way you carried the theme through. Thanks for playing with ARTastic!