Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Sketchbook 365 October Challenge

 
 
This is the first time I've played along with
 
 
Had some fun with masks and mists
 
Here's the sketch...
 


Recycled black tissue paper makes the frames, along with some little heart and round sequins.
The masking... that was fun.... you wouldn't believe what I used... will be revealed at end of post!
I mist with a pinky red almost the same colour of the chevron stripe, and then outlined the mask print so it looked like it was actually under the red chevron stripe.... figment of the eye!  Even mist over the part of the chipboard camera to extend the look of the mask.
Love my glitz rollers also... how fabby are those to use!

 
 
Black and white Glitz Design transparency backs the photo too.


Cut some butterflies out of what was left of the GD transparency with my Big Shot and inked the edges to give more definition.


 
 
Aaaah, the mask.....
 
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, its a broken bit off my peg basket that had gone brittle from being out on the clothesline in the weather, so I saved a bit before throwing the rest away....
Who would have thought!!! LOL>  
 
 
I'll definitely be playing along again!

 
 
 And the prize is
Misc Me Album and Journal Pack Kit from our sponsor BoBunny.


How lucky!!!  It's just fabulous!

xx
 

9 comments:

yyam said...

Really striking layout. Love your "secret" mask...;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is the coolest MASK EVER!! I loveeeeeee this! GORGEOUS colors and loving the butterflies!!!!

Cathy said...

Love this Mandy, so bold and eye-catching and what a fabulous use for that old piece of peg basket, the masking looks fantastic!!

sandi said...

How neat! Love the background and the clustering!

Lizzy Hill said...

Aaaaah! Would never have guessed!!!! Loving those butterflies, too....& am glad you totally 'get' my PL addiction:):):)!!!!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Love that mask you have used.. just goes to show anything can be used for scrapping!! Bright funky layout, love it!

Julene Matthews said...

Great idea for the mask mandy. I like your finished layout...very colourful.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous. Your work is always so inspiring!

Lintsi said...

Wow, this is striking! I love the boldness and the creative details like the mask! Congrats for winning the Sketchbook challenge :)!