Thursday, 17 October 2013

Orange Paperie Challenge, Project Life, and Get Creative Cards, Our Beautiful World...

 
 
 
Black, White and a dash of colour,
 so picked yellow....
The photo is of Meaghan and Paige when they met up in France...
I love this photo of both of them...
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
Project life...
I've used these pages for my 'GRID' designs for Counterfeit Kit Challenges...
used heaps of bits and pieces from my kit - and that's always a good thing!
 
 
Week 34
Away for a scrappy weekend away with my girlfriends...
we had a ball.....



 
Week 35
Three subjects on this page moving horizontally across the page...


 
 
Week 36
The garden turned it on for Spring



Week 37
Two subjects here vertically..
The first column is about my wonderful little clay tea pot and cups, and the tea we brought back from Beijing...love it!
The second column is Hannah and Paige meeting other cast members of 'Oklahoma!' for the first time, and reading through the script


 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
 
is having a month of making cards.
I've made a start with four of the cards.... (keep in mind, I'm no cardie, but do love to have a go!)
The girls on the dt there have set each card challenge....
 
 
Irini's Challenge
Create with three layers or more... 
 
 
 
 
Use a girlish image...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Use water-soluble colours to colour the card
Lots of drippage in two colours... and 3d stars

 
 
 
Use a banner on card....
I used little buttons threaded together ....
 
 
 
 
There lol.... going to Scrappy Camp and a crop day with friends helped the mojo and get heaps done!!
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
CHILL
 
Paige took this photo when we visited Cradle Mountain in July... and really represents 'chill' with the slow melting of the roof ice - drip, drip, drip.....
Even though this was in Winter,  here in Spring in Tasmania, there are still snow dumps!
Just this weekend, Mount Wellington hit minus 6C with snow.
 
 
 
------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 Oh and I'm SOOO happy!!!
My LO for Sketchbook 365 - WON!
WOW!
 
There's a little skip in my step!!
 
xx
 

31 comments:

Irini said...

Mandy what can I say I am speechless....you always blow me away with your creativity and you are my source of inspiration when I am blocked!!..your cards are gorgeous!!....the layout fabulous and your project life amazing!....I fell in love with the tea pot....I have a teapot fetish...and there is nothing more beautiful than Chinese tea pots.
Absolutely fabulous seeing you play along with us again...
hugz
irini

erinaki:)) said...

Amazing cards!!love them all!!!lovely idea the banner with the buttons!!!And your layouts are perfect!!!Excellent job!!!Thanks for playing with us at get creative!!!

Zanka said...

What a feast for eyes! Your creativity is amazing, such a variation in expressions here. Hugs!

Shahrul Niza said...

Mandy, I'm with Irini :). You are so talented!. Love all the cards and the layout, modern and stylish. The photo of the ice & dripping snow on the roof is ... stunning!!. Thank you for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!. Hugs.

Dolly B said...

Thrilled to have you join us at Orange Paperie, and a gorgeous layout. Love the design. The PL looks great , seems like a great way to get a lot of photo's done, I have resisted so far. Your cards are fantastic !
Mary

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh you have been busy!! I love love love love these!! So gorgeous! LOVING the chevrons on your lo!!!!

Cheryl Obrien said...

Thaks for joining in at OP&Co Mandy. Love, love, love your layout. All those chevrons are totally awesome! xx

yyam said...

Woooooow. You've been busy! These are amazing! Love how you kept some continuity in your PL pages.

Lizzyc said...

Wow lots to see here, beautiful cards, amazing PL and fabulous layout!! and well done on your win too!!

Lizzy Hill said...

HEEHEE!!! I Saw your win over at Sketchbook 365...good on you! And wow!!!! Loving your cards, your PL & that LO for Orange Paperie is just perfect......my fave card is the window one...sooo cute:):)

sandi said...

Fabulous creations! The arrows on your lo look neat! Each of your PL pages are so cool looking....love the style! Sweet cards too! That string of buttons is perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

This is a fabulous photo for Chill!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our beautiful World!! Love your LO too!

Wendy AppleApricot said...

Brrrr, cold... I love snow, but I don't mind it still being autumn here though :) And beautiful work too, you're so busy, wow! Thank you for sharing with us at OBW :)

Deb said...

OOooooo! I love all of these creations, Mandy. Your PL pages are fabulous and I lllloooovveeee your chill pic.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh ya, sure is brrrr....... thanks for sharing the beautiful photo with us this week at Our Beautiful World!

Anastasia Teologlou said...

wow, as always, a post full of beautiful inspiration! Thank you for playing with us at Get Creative!

baileyrosy.com said...

An amazing post as always , and considering in your own words your " no cardie " which is not true they are just amazing. Good luck with the challenge.

Marie

dawn said...

Hello Mandy, what a great and happy post this was for me to read.
WOW, those cards are AMAZING!! I loved them all. How creative to use buttons for a banner, have never thought to do that before. Your take on all their prompts turned out GREAT!!
I am a PL too and these make me happy. The spring one is beautiful, love seeing all those fresh blooms. Feels like yesterday we were having spring and now it's fall already.
The snow picture gives me a CHILL just looking at it. So not ready for this part of nature.
The layout is sooooo cute, love these colors! Is this the layout they picked and you won with?? Either way CONGRATS!!
Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing all these goodies with us.

Val Thorpe said...

First of all congrats on your win with Scrap365 :D I have to say I am not surprised your work is amazing. I love the layout you created for Orange Paperie and Co and the cards to but I really love what you have done with project life. I have always said NO! I won't do it.. BUT... now my son's girlfriend has twins on the way and I have already got more photos than I will ever scrap so now I am having a change of heart. I love how you have done it and bookmarked your blog so that I can come back and pore over your layouts and get some ideas. Truly beautiful work :D I also love to see the sea :D

Milagros C. Rivera said...

I am in love with how the snow melting looks like a scalloped edge!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at our beautiful world and congrats on your win!

Julie said...

Wow Missy these are just great. I forgot all about the chill prompt. Of to see if I can sneak it in as I have some great snaps from Tassie that would be perfect.

Stacy said...

You've been busy! Great projects, TFS!

Julene Matthews said...

Thanks for joining in at Counterfeit kIts challenge Mandy.All your work is fabulous.

Jimjams said...

Always a pleasure to drop by and see your creativity flowing so beautifully. Fab PL-scrapping - you make it look easy.
Congrats on the Sketch365 win - very well deserved.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Especially liked Weeks 34 & 37 - something to do with how everything shows up against the backgrounds, I think...
The card with the window in the wall? FAB - is the brick a stencil? That button banner is delicious, too.
So how do I subscribe to your blog? I simple MUST keep up with you - I am so inspired!!!

petrii said...

Absolutely amazing!!! I love your PL pages and your cards are just fab!! Beautiful work!!

Blessings ~~ dawn

LCSmithSAVED said...

CKC Fab Five! congrats :~D

Shir Benovich said...

Wow - what a post!
So many wonderful creations!
Love it :-)

Lisa said...

What a lot of crafty inspiration. Love everything you posted! The card with the window and button banner is a fave! Nice to drop by here again. Hope life in Tasmania is treating you well.

Vikki said...

oh you've been busy! well done! And congrats on the win!

Jo said...

Thanks for entering your beautiful layout in our challenge at Orange Paperie & Co. I love your touches of yellow and such a lovely photo too. Well done!