Friday, 25 October 2013

Life.Paper.Scrapbook October Sketch

 
 


Phew, just got this in by 2 minutes to go!!

Love this sketch and worked to create the three butterflies below...
 
 
Lots of use of watercolour pencils...
folded lines vertically and horizontally across the paper..
and then coloured those lines with orange and pink... and water brushed so the colour spread.
With a black watercolour pencil, just shaded right on the folds...then briefly water brushed the edges to give it definition.


 
Stamping Up Butterfly stamp... isn't it gorgeous! 
Layered on just by a smidgeon over the other... in colours I love!!
Used a brown watercolour pencils to shade the bodies and where the wings attach for more definition.


 Used a black fine-liner to edge the outlines of the butterflies... and even used a white gel pen to draw in the 'tails' of the wings so they look a little transparent under the green butterfly



 
Added the title, washi tape, bow and some dots...


 
Here's the sketch... Lots of scope!!!
 
 xx
 


12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING those butterflies!!!!

Miss Marple said...

First of all; Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! I am simply grateful for every comment.
And than your blog and your art...WOW! I just couldn't stop scrolling and look and be stunned. To see how you do things...simply amazing!
I wish you an inspiring and creative weekend! - Irma

yyam said...

Really cool effect...Gotta try!
I love those huge butterflies...they make such a great impact on your layout!

Happy weekend Mandy!

Shaunagh @ Home and Hobbies said...

This is stunning!

Lizzyc said...

LURVE how you put the butterflies in the place of the photos.. really pretty back ground shading too.. love your take on the sketch!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is just stunning, Mandy! Such a beautiful design and fun photo, and I LOVE that gorgeous background and butterflies you created. I would never ever have thought to fold my paper like that, let alone to highlight the folds with watercolor....but WOW, how fabulous! Totally inspiring!

sandi said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!! Love what you've done here! The butterflies look great!

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...



I love so much using watercolours, and it's so light !!

Stunning, I adooore !!

Hugs, Christiane

Peg Hewitt said...

Such an awesome cool page, I love all the details and the background is just superb!

Lizzy Hill said...

Winner in my book!! Those butterflies are STUNNING & I must say, I loooooove your title:):):)) nice work, my friend :):)

Chantelle said...

i'm so glad you managed to scrap this one it - your page is amazing and I love the arty feel to it. Great work with the butterfly stamp - thanks for playing along at LPS :)

Jasmine S said...

Ohhhh those butterflies are just divine.