Monday, 21 October 2013

Get Creative Cards, Our Beautiful World and a Little More Sketching....

 
 
I feel like I'm on a 'Card Binge'!  LOL and it's quite addictive!
 
Here's some more from the fabulous inspiration from
with their 'month of card making'
 It does give me a feeling I could get a bit better at card making (smile)
 I'm definitely 'hit and miss'!

 
This was a bit of fun, as I haven't made an ATC for a long time!
I've made mine out of a ATC sized piece of acetate with a sprinkling of  glued on 'Shaved Ice Glitter' and sequins in white to represent 'Snow'  (its really hard to photograph transparencies!)
 
 
------------------------------
 
 
I had a lovely little Heidi Swap set of hearts that I've had forever!
It was really nice to be prompted to use them.  Once set in place on the card, gold paint was swiped down the cardstock, pulled off and dried, added a little pink and gold dotty frame over the top, and embellished.  And I've used my Counterfeit Kits here with the gold
 
 
---------------------------------------------
 
 
Using embossed cardstock, I've rubbed my finger into the inkpad and swiped it gently over the raised embossed areas of the cardstock with pink for the flower petals and green for foliage.  Some green glitter is glued to represent the stamens of the flowers and a bow to embellish...
 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
 
A little kite stitched on
 
 
Still have some more to do, just hoping I get some time!
 
--------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
is
LOVE
 
Sisterly Love...
This photo is so precious.... we went to pick up Paige from the airport who has been away in France, and she flew into Hannah's open arms as she entered the terminal...
There were tears, they missed each other.
It's not the greatest pic in the blurry-ness... but it represents the prompt far more...
Wish the random guy in the background wasn't there.. 
 LOL.. nevermind.... ever the scrapbooker!
(guess it would have been weird if I'd waved him to move sideways a bit hee hee!)
 
 
So thrilled to see that Paige's  'Chill' photo got picked as the favourite for last week's prompt!!
Total fabby!
 
----------------------
 
 
 
And trying to get that sketch of the Nest finished....
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, its still not, but its on its way...
(Here's were it started)
Here's how its looking after another Art Room session....
(I have a different perspective of the nest from where I sit to draw than the camera has here)




 
Got inspired by adding some leaves.... still got to add more yet and finish the detail...
Love pastel pencils!
 
----------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 


25 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your cards are gorgeous! LOVING that stitching on the kite one!! And sweet photo of the girls!!!!!!!

sandi said...

Fabulous projects! Love all of them!

Lizzy Hill said...

Hope Paige had a wizard time & I'm glad she's home safe & sounds...saw your 'chill' pic over there - looks as awesome as ever ---good on you with the cards....it's a FUN month that GC have got going ANNNNNND...love the addition of the leaves to the nest:):):) Looking waaaay better than my stick figures. I've been working on them since - oh, let's see...year ONE....you're progressing MUCH faster...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

elenigratsia said...

Truly beautifully inspiring cards! Thank you for playing along with us at Get Creative!

Lizzyc said...

Your cards look wonderful.. so different from each other.. and I have been known to tell people to move aside (nicely) so they are not in my photo... and your drawing is coming along wonderfully!

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely post ... Love your creativity ... and your photo touched my heart ... Thanks so much for sharing at Our Beautiful World!

Deb said...

So glad Paige is home safe....fabulous photo for OBW. I loooooovvvveeee your cards. The little heart one is my very fav.....love it. Your sketch is coming along beautifully.

dawn said...

Hello Mandy,

I just saw your comment on my blog, thanks so much for the kind words. So excited to see you would be interested in mandalas too. It's only been a few months for me but they are so FUN and relaxing and just another way for me to enjoy NATURE. Once winter comes I will have to think outside the box. To see more of these please visit the link to another Dawn on that post. She is the one who inspired me to start these and does such a AWESOME job on hers. Would love to see you play along with us.

Going to write another comment for this post you have now.

dawn said...

Hello again (hehe),

Ok, this post is soooo inspiring with these beautiful and creative cards. I really should start making cards again and having a prompt would help me so much. I love each one you've done, can't even pick a favorite.

WOW, your drawing is so pretty. I think it looks great too, love what the drawing is also. Didn't know you drew?? Did I miss this before?? Keep going and do more though, love it!

How sweet is this sisterly LOVE picture. Oh and man in the background please step aside,haha!! I feel the same way on some of my pictures too, don't they know us moms have cameras and they are in the way??!!!
I am taking the LOVE prompt in a different direction I think. My first thought was my family and hubby but might show my personal love for something in my life. Wish me luck!!

Congrats Paige for having your picture chosen!! It is a beautiful one.

Have a wonderful day!

Val Thorpe said...

Mandy your cards are lovely.... I really need to get into card making more. At the moment I tend to make them as I need them then I always forget to take pics before I use them. I have been trying to get my butt in gear to do Christmas ones. Yikes I can't believe it is that time again already. I love the photo... My kids are the same when they are apart... Love the photobomb guy :D
Your still life is amazing. I used to draw but now it seems I am too impatient I am more into instant gratification with a layout. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have just been to your other one. Wish I had seen it before you stopped. Will keep popping in to see whats going one :D Have a great week.

Linda R said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. Your ATC is wonderful. And such great photo..

Hugs~

Stacy said...

LOVE your cards, and your nest & leaf drawing is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Mom E. said...

I love your cardsa and nest drawing....
I can only draw stick figures to my satisfaction...everything else is ...well....lacking....
Thanks for coming by my blog! The Our Beautiful World prompts are fun. I ahve been so busy I ahven't done many of them...I ho[pe to do more!
hugs,
Betsy

eudokia said...

i just love your work!your card are stunning!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! What a great post filled with so many beautiful things! You are so talented, Mandy!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awww.... that is so sweet, I always feel that the love between sisters are so special, when I have my first daughter, I already knew that I am so going to have a little sister for her, and it is such a right decision, I saw my 2 girls growing up together, especially we moved to NYC, alone and know no one in a cold city, besides mommy, all they have is each other.
Haha, you can "erase" that man in the background with photoshop, that is what I always do when I want a picture for just my husband and I at the beach, we want a private beach, LOL!
Love your wonderful work too, especially the ATC with lots of sequins, I am so going to run out to get myself some!
Oh ya, thanks for sharing your photo with us at Our Beautiful World1

LCSmithSAVED said...

As usual your post is yummy - esp liked the transparent ATC so creative! A little tip for those pesky strangers in the background: change the background to b/w & you won't notice him anymore...
I have also covered these intruders with embellishments on full pages, lol! FAB as usual, and so inspiring!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

Cute cards. So many lovely ideas here.

Irini said...

Fab photo even if there is a random guy in it LOL.....
What can i say again your cards are so unique and inspirational....sigh!!!
I am so happy you are on a card binge...I get to see you create masterpieces!!
thanks so much for playing with us at Get Creative this month!
hugz
irini

Shahrul Niza said...

Truly, the sisterly-LOVE shines from just her smile!. Despite the long way home :). Love that you captured the moment quick enough.

I'm in love with your snowy card, the sequin snowflakes are heavenly!!. SO clever :). Love the sweet gold card too. You are so very talented, Mandy.

Thank you for the share at Our Beautiful World!. Hugs.

dawn said...

Hi Mandy,
I posted my prompt for OBW and have a picture in there inspired by your sister one. Hope it makes you smile like yours did me.

Sorry I just realized I wrote a different way, thought it was Mandy by the sea??? Sorry for this mistake, I did kinda get it right at least, lol.
Take care!

libbyquilter said...

so much to LOVE within this post~!
your photo is wonderful and it may be possible to digitally remove the unknown guy . . .

love the nest sketch and particularly that leaf within the nest . . . LOVEly~!

your cards are all so pretty and creative that they inspire me to think about making some of my own.

:-)
libbyQ

geoleoan said...

awesome cards love them all!. What a great idea for the ATC!

Channa said...

Wow gorgeous work as always!! thank you for joining us at get creative. channa

Alexandra Polyzou said...

YOUR CARDS ARE STUNNING!!!!I LOVED ALL OF THEM!!!FABULOUS WORK!!!THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING US AT GET CREATIVE!!!