Friday, 7 June 2013

June Guest Designer for Artastic

 This month I'm Guest Designing for
 
This has been one of my favourite challenge blog for a long time.
Who doesn't love to play with art! (big smile)
How wonderful it was to see the motivational artwork to play with by Susan Schenk!
I'm so a fan!
 Straight away all I could see were those fabulous strips of paper
(Keeping in mind that the challenge is about re-cycling too!)

 
 
 
Here's the result of playing with all those strips!


 I fished some old scrap paper out of the bin, and also used some
strips that were the patterned/reverse side of the barcode/title strips of 12x12's  cut off to be thrown away. All made useful again!


 
Time to glue down... the fun stuff!!


 
I drew and cut out a pair of butterflies, thought to only use those, but it really was the background that was left behind that I loved more!


 
And really enjoyed how the rest just came together picking my photo last.
 
 
I  hope you can join in on this wonderful mixed media challenge...
to join in the fun!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 It's all about Kites!
 
 
 


 
 


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures and the butterflies!!!

diane hasthorpe said...

Hi Mandy, I absolutely love what you have done as an inspiration piece this month. Love the colours and especially the textures you've created. Fabulous photo. Beautiful! Have a great weekend. Cheers, Di

Lizzy Hill said...

Left you some love over at ArtT....the photos are so much clearer here, though, so I can see the detail like that yummy lace! And I always get blown away how you let 'the muse' take you places....mind, you, I reckon that's THE best bit of scrapping...not knowing what it's REALLY going to come out like....& sorry...& Grande Jete'd right back up to Sydney again:):) But one o' these days I'll be down in your neck o' the woods......:):):)

Julene Matthews said...

Very clever Mandy,such muted gorgeous colours and the strips are a stroke of genius.

Julie said...

Just love this Mandy

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful.. the strips of paper look fabulous and love the butterflies cut out like that..a wonderful take on the challenge!

Jasmine S said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous. The strips with the butterflies cut our are sensational and the placement of your fab photo, the texture....love it.

Artnova24 said...

Piękny projekt,pozdrawiam.