Sunday, 7 April 2013

It's an exciting time for us!



Lots happening at our house....
but first a catch up on things that I'm really behind posting!


Last month I had fun with the fabulous criteria at Color Combos Galore -
I REALLY adore their criteria and prompts.  I'm finding its pushing my boundaries and I love it!


CCG #234
Inspiration Photo #3/Focus on Technique: Inked Edges
Other Inspiration:
Inspiration Photo #1: Paint, circles
Inspiration Photo #2: Pearls, scrunched flowers
Inspiration Photo #3: Birds, Post theme element







CCG #235
Inspiration Photo #3 Punches
Other Inspiration:
Inspiration Photo #1 scalloped borders
Inspiration Photo #4 torn and curled edges, shimmer glossy accents


 



 CCG #236
Inspiration Photo #1Photo taken from above - birds eye view
Inspiration Photo #2: fabric and scattered elements
Inspiration photo #4: distressed elements.
Used the water colour pencils to create the colours below the photo.







CCG #237
 Inspiration Photo #1/Focus on Tools: Die Cutting
Other Inspiration:
Inspiration Photo #1: flowers, clustering
Inspiration Photo #2: mixed fonts
Inspiration Photo #3: ribbon, floral papers, layers, ruffles

The flowers (gum-nut blossoms and leaves) have been drawn and painted by me (watercolour pastels) then cut out


 -----------------------------------------------------



Next I must thank LISA H  who sent me this beautiful RAK,
it was a lovely and thoughtful surprise!
 So gorgeously wrapped!  
Visit her blog - Lisa creates wonderful work!


 Perfectly perfect!

 -------------------------------------------------------



 I've had some LO's chosen as faves last month...





 
 



 

 Lots of happiness here!!

----------------------------------------------------------------


Lastly....  
I'm not going to be around for the next month....
I've only scrapped for my scrappy committments and have them ready to go (or about ready to go) when they are due one way or another....

Come Saturday (13th) my family and I are off OVERSEAS!

We have much planned and have family staying in our house to look after our animals and keep things safe - so thats a great thing!

First stop...

BEIJING!  

We are walking the Great Wall - not the touristy bit - but climbing through at times rubble/ hard to get to sections... quite physical but we cant wait!
Plus many other things which I'm sure I'll be posting here when I can!

THen we fly to LONDON
Its Meaghans (eldest dd) 30th birthday (the main reason of the trip) and we will meet up and she will travel the rest of the way with us...

FRANCE
we are stopping at South of France with our French exchange student's family 
and sight-see of course 

ITALY
This is where Meaghan wants to spend her birthday with us ....
so its all playing by ear really - 

Then we fly out of ROME to home....

I'm sure when we get back I'll have PLENTY to scrap...

We are very excited!


xx


 

11 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Hello! Hope you have an absolutely wonderfully marvellously fantastic time OS & that's such a great thing to be able to do with M:):):) ooooh.....so exciting!
And congrats on all your features etc & love taking a peek at what you've been up to scrappy wise. Totally addictively inspirational, of course:):):):)
Our family has just left...so I'm looking forward to some scrap time soon!!!

Dale Tiernan said...

Love your soft and pretty layouts.
Have a wonderful trip. Great destinations.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Look at all these amazing lo's!! WOW WOW WOW!! GORGEOUS!! And your trip sounds WONDERFUL!!!

Julie said...

Just love your pages Missy. Your trip sounds awesome. Have fun.

Adriana B said...

wow all your work is amazing, love all of them especially the first fairy one, totally cool details
Have a wonderful memorable trip, I sure you will, enjoy:)

Jasmine S said...

What a beautiful post with lots of scrappy goodness. Each so unique and stunning. Congrats on the features.
And wow, what a trip. I am realllllly reallllllly envious. I hope you have a safe and wonderful time :)

Peg Hewitt said...

Loving all your beautiful pages, have an amazing trip!

Lizzyc said...

Firstly.. your layouts are all so amazing, wonderful back ground details.. well done on your layouts being picked as favs, and have a wonderful time OS.. stay safe..

Deb said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pages, Mandy. I loooooove the water colour pencils one......background looks amazing. Have an amazing time on your trip and stay safe.

Lisa said...

glad my little care parcel arrived safe and sound! Your layouts are truly amazing and I'm not surprised so many were highlighted.

Enjoy your time over here in Europe - sounds quite a trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back :-)

Bec Miller said...

I hope you are all having the most fantastic time!!!!
Am loving catching up on your blog and seeing what you are all up to on your trip.
Hi to you all!
xxx