Saturday, 16 March 2013

Scrap Therapy and a Few More Challenges!


Over at SCRAP THERAPY......
Is anyone looking at Easter 'products' to scrap some Easter photos? I love to put a couple of Easter LO's out on display over the holiday break, and there's always that 'I remember that!' remark - and a bit of a chat over the particular Easter gone by.
I've always loved this little photo of Hannah and have wished it were better quality, constantly overlooking it because of that problem. Finally I've come to the conclusion it shouldn't matter - its still a lovely memory (in her ears and dressing gown ready for a hunt!) therefore worthy of scrapping - so I created a little scenario of Hannah in a nest full of eggs and the little Easter bunny on his rounds! Just a bit of fun!

 The background paper is fabulous WRMK Cotton Tail Glitter Polka Dots Paper

And the nest is made up of a mixture of thin strips of notebook paper binding that has been torn off, string and handmade little leaves made from WRMK Simply Spring Textured Cardstock (the WRMK's cardstock is fabulous- I use it as a preferred cardstock  ) The stickers are now sold out, but look at Cotton Tail range left to see what you could use WRMK Cotton Tail Products


The little tulip journal block and the 'A visit with the Rabbit' block that Easter Bunny is standing on - can be found HERE


WRMK Eggshell Cardstock used for the little arrows and to mount the photo.
MME Brads
White Jewelry Box Thickers


------------------------------------------------------


All pics and no journaling... weeeeell easy one for me... I'm a hopeless journaller!

Paige playing the solo virtuoso part in Vivaldi's Four Seasons 'Summer'
Her hands flew around that instrument!



 ------------------------------------------------------------





 And as I scrolled down all the fabulous Design Team's Lo's - I just LOVED

Love the divide down the page AND all those fabulous elements!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed creating this LO - thanks Anastasia T!

Paige swinging high!


 --------------------------------------------




March Challenge... is to follow the sketch......
  
.......... and scrap about what the 'Weekend Means'
Weeeeell, this is totally my girls, one with a book and the other with a computer - discussing, comparing, show and tell - covered with a blanket all cosy.   We do nothing - we dont even dress until after lunch.  Its about spending quality time all together relaxing - its my favourite time of the week. 







xx

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! These are all AMAZING Mandy!! You always have such a wonderful way with colors and textures!! GORGEOUS!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I always see your 1st LO & go 'wow'....as i did here...then the 2nd & go 'wowsy'...then the 3rd & go 'wowsier'...& by the last I'm just speechless [well, not literally...cos THAT'S not gonna happen!!!] at your amazingly diversified talent. I really, really like the divided page one - but the weekend one - it just speaks 'weekend' & I'd give you The Prize for it!!! And yes, I agree, it's the 'feeling' & the 'memory' from the time - too bad if the pic isn't perfect:):):) Hope you've all had a perfectly normal taking it easy w/end:):)!!! Yep, writing this in bed...computer on lap....

Dolly B said...

I'm a bit like Lizzy wowing as I scroll down, love them all, each for different reasons. Love how you made a nest for the Easter Photo, Love the satin seam bows and red fonts in the second,Love the divided page, your title and once again the satin seam binding and colours and love the design of the last one, bows and colours. All a delight for the eyes
Mary

Helena said...

Lovely take on the challenge and I REALLY love how you spend your Sundays! Thank you for sharing your page at OUAS.

Lizzyc said...

These are gorgeous.. I love the first one.. soo very cute!!

glorygirl said...

Ok, I know I say this every time.....but it's true! Your creations are AMAZING! I love your style - whimsy, shabby, collage-y, paint-y GOODNESS! Love each one of these!

sandi said...

Wow! These are fabulous! I really like the sweetness of that first one! So perfect for this time of year. The mix under the pic is fab!

geoleoan said...

awesome pages!!! i `m amazed!!

Jimjams said...

What a bountiful blog post - each layout lovelier than the last! You have a great way of adding a unique touch to a page and making it really special.

Lisa said...

obviously I need to get over here more often as this is a super inspirational post full of such gorgeous layouts. The easter one is just adorable and I have a few little items stashed away for the one or two layouts I make every year or two. I love easter decorations and love to capture the little details. but honestly, each of these pages were gorgeous. The easter one just grabbed me the most ;-)

Julia said...

Lovely pages!!! Love the last one with your girls!!

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said...

Hi Mandy, I always enjoy so much your posts which are so full of amazing creativity!!! All your layouts are so amazing and I love how you work with so different colours, elements, styles... I am so honoured that my layout inspired such a gorgeous layout! And so good to hear that you have received your prize, I do hope you enjoy it!
Thank you for playing along with us at Get Creative again!

EFI said...

Hi Mandy! I just love and admire your creativity, your talent and your inspiration!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

Irini said...

Mandy as always you blow me away with your creativity as I have already told you I am in love with your style! you inspire me especially at a time my mojo is way way way down!!!
thank you so much for playing along with us.
i adore your take on Natasa challenge!
hugz
irini

elenigratsia said...

Wowza, amazing work amazing layouts ... each is so unique ... great take on scraplifting Natasa ... but your Bunny layout is my favourite! Thank you for playing with us at Get Creative!

Jennifer Grace said...

Your layouts are all so gorgeous! I love the nest you made on the first page, and the bobble trim and other textures on the second and third layouts. But the last page especially grabs me because I love the whole theme, the lazy day, the chilled out photo, the clustered flowers. So pretty! x