Friday, 8 February 2013

Counterfeit Kits Hexagon LO



Hexagons always are inspiring and Counterfeit Kits posted about them (check out that post!)...so.....  I started off thinking I'd fill a LO somehow with solid shaped hexagons, but then I cut out a hollow one(with the centre gone) and loved the look of  that better....
I cut three by hand so they arent perfect - kinda like how I scrap (lol), trickled some ink by a dropper across the top of my background paper and shook it down the page. I also turned the paper upside down to shake the drips the other way - and that worked too!  Hmnn, time to find a photo or two suitable for my yellow page - the drips sort of looks like a branch and I had a thought....
we had a gorgeous Rosella come visit our backyard and it let me get quite close to photograph, only thing was - it was getting dark, but the photos came out okay-ish.  It was really sweet and is a native to Tasmania.  Perfect for the background... and the hexagons which contain the name - Tasmanian Green Rosella.  Its fun to put the title and some journaling up the sides of the dripage.



xx

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing Mandy! I loveeeeeeeee how the birdies are on the hexagons!!!!

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing!! what gorgeous birds!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Yep, EXACTLY the same word was in my mind...so I gotta add...amazing....simply amazing. Thanks for sharing your thought proces - I tell ya, it's FASCINATING & sooo different from my methodical approach...man, yours works awesomely. Maybe I'll have to give it a go if I get 'game' one day.....

Dani Cristina said...

Fabulous as your LO!
I love what you did with the hexagon!
Great idea :)
Hugs.

Jasmine S said...

I love your thinking and process....lol. Sounds like me. Never know where a page will lead you...
This is magnificent. Love every detail.

Angela Coles said...

how clever! really inspirational.

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Missy. Love the drippy branch.

glorygirl said...

LOOOOVE the paint dripped branch! Your title work is awesome, too. Lovely page!

Julia said...

Very creative!!!

Julene Matthews said...

A wonderful twist on the hexagon idea.Your dribbles of paint/ink look fabulous.

Jimjams said...

WOWSER - what a fabulous page - arty and clever and colourful and precise!! Love it!

Lisa J said...

Lovin the drippy paint effect and your handcut hexies. So arty and freestyle.

Jennifer Grace said...

Ooh, this is really awesome, I love how the drips turned into a branch! x

Chipper said...

Now that is thinking outside the box ... or should I say hexagon! This is great :-)

Kirsty.a said...

This is a really novel page. Love it

joyce rodli said...

kewlio bean dip