Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - Ombre



Summer holidays here are drawing to a close and soon school will be back.
I'm always sad when its over - I love having no routine and the kids home.  We've just got home from a few days away at Stanley, NW Tasmania - climbing, swimming, playing beach cricket, barbeques and generally relaxing.   Ah, just what we needed. 

So now I need to scrap!  I managed to get this done-
using more of my kit up...
This was a bit of fun and Ombre always appeals - so jumped in with my Pan Pastels to create colour fading down the page...



I created down one side of the page and then the other side looked really unbalanced and sparse, so stamped different sized butterflies to even it out a bit.   I dont use the PanPastels enough... shouldnt put them out of sight - then I'd think to use them more!
Hannah


xx


16 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow this is stunning, I love the colors just flowing into each other, and the photo is gorgeous with the wings!! beautiful!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee all the butterflies and love love love love how you gave her the wings!!

sandi said...

How how pretty! The colors are perfect!

Deb said...

WOW! This background looks fabulous, Mandy. Gorgeous page and I love the wings you have created.

Lizzy Hill said...

Don't have pan pastels myself, but every time I see you use them I 'covet' them!!! They look sooo great for the bg & the butterflies work beautifully...almost as beautiful as Hannah!!!!! Glad you've had a bit of a break before It All Starts Again:)):):)

Roxy said...

Wow, love your background paper, the colours are GORGEOUS!!!!

Julia said...

Beautiful layout and love your ombre effect!!

Lisa J said...

I am going to miss the school holidays too - such a relaxed time of year.

Love your background - the colours and blending are perfect.

Madeleine said...

Beautiful!

petrii said...

So beautiful!!

glorygirl said...

Has there ever been a time I've commented on your creations without saying how amazing they are?!?!? This one is so fabulous - LOOOOVE the ombre, the stamping and those gorgeous wings!!!! Beautiful!!!

Irini said...

simply beautiful.....how i wish I had asked father Christmas for Pan Pastels!!!!!

hugz
irini

Julia said...

oooh beautiful effect witht eh butterflies, Mandy. Love this!

Julene Matthews said...

Looks fabulous mandy.You must use them more says me who has some I haven't used for years.

Heather McMahon said...

Ooh, I love this and love your blog! I'm your newest follower!

Jasmine S said...

Loooooove the colour fading/blending. You have balanced it all perfectly. Gorgeous page.