Sunday, 30 September 2012

Been at Scrappy Camp....

 
 
 
With all the moving house and renovating, this weekend was time-out at Scrappy Camp.
After quite a while of fiddling and searching for my mojo (it had gone into hiding),
I finally managed to get a few challenges done.
 
 

Sketch
 
Here's the fabulous Sketch
 
-------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
The Giving Tree
 
 
Loved the colour and the 'giving'
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Challenge Me Happy (and it WON!!)
Make your own embellishment
 
I've punched out some hearts and put a button/bows on them.
Painted an awfully coloured swirl and pre-purposed it a pretty pink too!
Added some cross-stitching
Paige changing shoes in ballet class
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------
 
 
Thank goodness for this blog
I always make up page kits before a scrappy retreat..
but with life as hectic as it is- there was no time.
Sooo this time,  I made up two more of my own 'counterfeit kits' along with September's one, and between the three of them and a stack of photos, I was able to keep scrapping the entire time!
I dont think I'll ever do page kits again!
Its changed the way I think and the packing was far less!
As the challenges turned up on 'Counterfeit Kits' - I squirrelled the criteria away and saved it for scrappy camp....
 
Challenge #1
Pick old item from stash...
The little pink and yellow tickets - ended up making a title from them!
 
 
 
Challenge #2
Character Inspiration - from Movie or Book
Weeeeeeeeeell, I love birds... and one of the movies I loved growing up was 'The Blue Bird'
 
 
 
Challenge #3
Negative Space from Chipboard or Dies etc
 
 
Layout Sketch
 
 
 
 
xx

18 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww!! I would definitely say your mojo came back!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee these!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

S said...

Wow, your mojo came along on your scrappy respite. I am wowwed by all these challenges met with such eye-catching pages. Great details like the title on the tickets and the stitched flowers really make these stand out. I am going to have to inform my mojo that your mojo is leaving her in the dust! Well done!!

wendipooh13 said...

way to go!!!! Youve been sooo super busy and great job with all the challenges!!! LOVE the colors you pulled from the giving tree!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Child's PLay blog!!!!

Lauren said...

Looks like you had a great time at Scrappy Camp. The LO's look amazing!

karenw said...

Have always Loved your work mandy!

And this lot- Wow! I so need to get back to paper scrapping. Just gorgeous pages, hard pressed to pick a fav although I love the fairy wren..

Oh, and thanks for playoing with us at Child's Play this week - love the colours you have picked - and I am always a sucker for a goat... x

Lizzyc said...

Well done, these are wonderful layouts for these challenges!!!!

Sharon Corn said...

wow,wow, wow. Such pretty LOs. Super Love!!

Irini said...

YOU had a mojo problem????????
who ya kidding????????????
OMG your layouts are gorgeous so much inspiration to draw from !
hugz
irini

Dora said...

Gorgeous work, but I'm in love with the first, that picture is perfect!

Natalie Hall said...

I love your layouts. The Happy Trails one is perfect and I love the buttons as flowers on Little Fairy. Your blog is giving *me* mojo! Scrapping with you must be magical.

sandi said...

Wow! These are absolutely fabulous! What a beautiful array of creations!

glorygirl said...

Wanna send some of your mojo my way?!?!? These are INCREDIBLE, Mandy!!! No way I can pick a fave.....but the first and last layouts capture my attention the most right now. Love the playfulness that is always abundant in your scrapping....I need a bit more of that.

Sassy Breese said...

Hi Mandy, I have visited here before but this body of work has converted me to a follower. LOVE the button and stitched flowers on Little fairy wren. (audible gasp, heard here as I scrolled) What great interpretaions of each of the challenges.

Katherine (sutty) said...

Wow soooo many beautiful pages - love your take on the studio sketch with the doilies - but they are all fantastic :)

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Beautiful layouts! I love the photo and your handmade embellies. Thanks for joining us this week at CMH!

norine said...

Ohmygoodness you've been busy!! Love your style!! Totally ADORE the stitched button flowers on Little Fairy!! Probably gonna lift that, not gonna lie...

Thanks for joining us at Challenge Me Happy for our homemade embellie challenge!!

pysselpetra said...

great take on the studio challenges sketch ♥ love the colors ♥ thanks for playing /Petra

Anna said...

So many lovely pages! I love the Studio layout, it's much a great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Studio!