Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Artastic August Challenge

As soon as the art work for Artastic challenge was up,
 I felt inspired straight away to get out the paints and stamps and love the dark diamond theme and some of that colour too!


Trying to create looking through a window with moths bumping against it to see Paige in her late night ballet class - just relaxing at the end.


Here are some of the products used to create the background.  Gesso, black texture paste (in the tube), Mango Making Memories paint, my favourite 'Purple Onion Stamps' in the diamonds and all the butterflies, and PanPastel - which is fabulous to stamp with especially on a partially wet background - I'm impatient when it comes to drying times! (rolling eyes)


sticking some little fabric triangle pieces at the bottom of each diamond gives the 'window' a little more depth
Cant submit for the main prize cos I'm on the DT for Scrap Therapy... but loved doing the challenge!
xx


16 comments:

Shazza said...

Fabulous arty take on the challenge, I love your diamond window :)
Thanks for joining in ARTastic Mandy!

yyam said...

Goodness!That background is amazing Mandy! I love the depth and the artsy feel to it!

P/s: I just got my first set of Pan Pastels (yes, you were the enabler!)...just wondering if you spray a fixative after you are done?

Dale Tiernan said...

Righto, no chance I'm entering as you are totally going to win. Your inspiration is clearly visible. Well done.

Helene said...

I’m glad you liked the challenge! Your interpretation is perfect in so many ways!!! I love all the different steps when creating the background and the final result is awesome!!! Thanks for playing along!

Jasmine S said...

Just gorgeous. Love that photo and the touch or orange is perfect. The diamonds look awesome.

Lizzyc said...

HI.. this is fabulously creative and I love the way you have used the photo..

sandi said...

Wow! Fabulous! Love the texture on this. Great take on the challenge!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love the background, the butterflies and the photo!!!!!

Chantelle said...

WOW, so glad you loved the ARTastic challenge - your entry is amazing - loving the diamond shapes and textures - thanks so much for playing along :)

Jane said...

Simply stunning. I love everything about it. Well done you!!

Julie Short said...

I love the feelings that your page evokes. The hard work associated with dance but also the dreams and lightness of the butterflies.
The textures add so much too to a very beautiful piece.
Thank you for taking the Artastic Challenge this month and really making it your own.

Sarah Rogers said...

You have really created a stunning page. The way you have interpreted the painting into yours is just lovely. Thank you so much for joining in on this months ARtastic challenge.

DebiJ said...

Ah Mandy, what a marvellous page! I adore your idea of the moths at the window, and your page is so well styled...amazing! Thank you for playing along at ARTastic!

Elaine said...

I'm totally in love with this page, it keeps drawing me in with so much to see and 'feel'. It's sooo beautiful!! Glad you joined in this challenge, Thank you.

Cricri du 37 said...



Georgous Mandy !!

I love all your explanation and work with gesso....hugs

amanda73 said...

om freaking g.....this is awesome,love what you did with the background mandy......love everything about this,thanks for playing along