Sunday, 24 June 2012

Masking with PanPastel

 
Masking is easy - just got to get a little creative and find something flat to place on your page to rub over with PanPastels!

Here I've used little flat butterflies.... you might have some diecuts butterflies, or punch some out, or check out some of the fabulous butterfly paper in the shop to cut out - I dont have THIS one but it's going to be on my list! (If you pop in the word 'butterfly' in the search box at Scrap Therapy, all sorts of papers/embellies/stamps come up) oh yes... and you could stamp a butterfly and cut it out too! :P
PanPastel works fabulously on Kraft paper (You can buy Kraft in a pack too - I do!)
Image

First place your butterflies on your page....I did put a tiny little bit of adhesive underneath to hold them in place. Osmer is my fave to use :P
Image

Then rub the PanPastel colour over the top. I've used 'Permanent Green' (640.5)
Image

Take off the butterflies and you can see the masking images....
Image

Here's the LO put together now by adding the photo and some WRMK's Good Day Sunshine Margaret paper as a mount to the photo. Outline the masked butterflies with a marker, and you can use your craftknife to lift up some edges of the wings to place just a little way over the edges of the photo in places. Replace the original butterflies back onto the page and arrange them around their masked counterparts... Add some Thickers-Delight Watermelon
Image

Image

6 comments:

Adriana B said...

wonderful page here mandy, lovely :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! Mandy... this is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee those butterflies!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I love how you use the unexpected....never would've thought of doing this sort of masking...so easy, & it looks sooo good!!!...Cute as photo, too...VERY trusting. Wouldn't get me me that close to ANY horse:):)!!!

Lea said...

What a great look! I love how you lifted up the edges of some of their wings. And that picture is so sweet!

sandi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful! Love the background and what you've done with the butterflies. The title is so perfect with the pic!

Fairy Witch said...

oh so so cute!!