Friday, 11 May 2012

Scrap Therapy WRMK's LO

I'm in love with this new line of We R Memory Keepers

DOWN THE BOARDWALK

The background papers are so grunge - perfect for beach or boys...and even girls!! You must check them out if you're a scrapper who loves a fab background paper!

One of the other wonderful thing with each line of WRMKs, is they match cardstock to the pattern papers/background papers! Thats such a time saver when working out what papers to buy!!

Here I've used the 'Coral-reds' - its a gorgeous colour. (I'll apologise for the poor photography - its stormy and rainy here - so the light is bad!!!)

Image

Here I've used the Coral cardstock, cut it down and then cut the middle out - and roughly - no measuring :P :wink: Then did a couple of rounds with the sewing machine with black thread.
Dont you just LOVE the background paper!!! Its just PERFECT for autumn (even though its a boardwalk line!) See the grunge-like inking around the edges... thats the paper! How cool :P
Did a little bit of a spray with Glimmer Mist and let it drip down so that became the stalks of the flowers, and added the canvas printed buttons over the top of the crochet doilies (WRMK Cottontail- sold out)
Love the leaf paper cos I keep cutting them out! Did you see the alpha??? Its actually Alpha paper,cut out, and stuck on the LO. Also, gathered the lace trims and sewn it across the top.
Just to finish off... I've used a black pen and scribbled around everything - the photo, the flowers, leaves and the alpha... thats fun!

--------------------------------------------------

Today we had new carpet put down. What a day.....three hefty men in my house - and the language at times between them...ooh, and then smoking on my front veranda with the smell wafting inside - I just thought 'say nothing, they soon will be gone'  and the job they did was perfect, so happy with that.   Yucky marks left all over the skirting boards though - I know that's unavoidable, and had to repaint them. Took ages trying not to get paint on the new carpet.   This all
 left little time left to get the above LO done - thank goodness for the sewing machine.. somehow my mind thinks it helps whip things up quicker!  I'd got that done just in time for me to upload it and get ready to go out tonight.  Hannah and I went to see 'TasDance'  (our state's contemporary dance company) and it was amazing.  Oooh, you should have seen the texture onstage! Lots of weaving and knitting/crochet  and fibre stretched over massive big frames - it was all I could do to stay in my seat and not go up onto the stage and TOUCH it!  Genious.

Time to turn in...its been a big day.


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad the work on the house turned out good! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors and the distressing!!! BEAUTIFUL!

Lizzy Hill said...

This colour is gorgeous...& the stitching makes it....funny how we always get done with the house what we want when it's time to sell. Not haha...ironic funny, I mean. Glad it's done...sounds like the contemp dance was SUPERB....bit of a break & well deserved by the sound of it...keep at the work...hope the shift in studio is going OK:):):)

yyam said...

Nicely done! Love how the drips serve as stems....clever.:)

Must be a busy time....getting the house ready for sale. Hope everything goes well.

sandi said...

This is so cute! Love the bold title and the lace...looks fab!

Jenneke said...

Gorgeous page, Mandy!! Love the flowers and the way you made your title!
I hope you cleaned up the mess the men made and everything goes well getting the house ready to be sold...

XXXJenneke

Sophie said...

Wunderschöne Arbeiten machst du.
Großartig!

Liebe Grüße von Sophie
Nun bin ich dein Fan... :-)