Saturday, 19 May 2012

Scrap Therapy WRMK's 'Down the Boardwalk' LO

Its not hard to fall in love with WrMK's 'Down the Boardwalk' papers.
This week at SCRAP THERAPY I've used the same background Barnicle Paper as last weeks red one, but this time in beige.
It already comes distressed, splattered and inked! I've backed the Barnicle paper with matching brown cardstock. Isnt it great that the range comes with its own contrasting cardstock!
Image

Here's how it's put together:
I wanted to make this Snorkel diecut paper smaller - so I cut it into pieces!
Image

Then took out the middle section (I'll use that for something else later :P :wink: ) and joined the thin edged strip so no one would know any different that it is two pieces! :wink: (I sprayed Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist behind the photo on this piece- it kinda looks like the photo has a shadow :wink: )
Image

Here's a cost saving trick:
If you are on a budget - AND you see all these beautiful butterfly embellishments but it just all adds up.... then buy a piece of paper with them on....cut them out :P
This Authentic butterfly paper (reverse side) will cost you $1.25! Pretty inexpensive for five beautiful butterflies, and the rest you can use for other projects such as cards, tags or on LO's - both sides are gorgeous to use!
Image

Ink the edges of the butterflies and add them to the LO, along with brown bows and cream crocheted trim, cut out alpha and metal flowers (sold out)
Image

 
xx






8 comments:

Irini said...

You are such an inspiration!!!!!!
Mandy I hope I made it in time for challenge 34 over at Let's get shabby I have linked up my blog in the comments section!!

hugz
irini

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous...fantastic fussy cutting...great tip re: the butterflies & also the paper....I'm gonna use that one, for sure:):):) Take care:):):)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous paper Mandy... love that it is already distressed... and beautiful page with the butterflies...

Hugs
Jenny x

Lizzyc said...

OH what an amazing layout this is, I love all the butterflies... and a great hint for adapting your paper to use on your layout!! Thanks for sharing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Mandy!! I loveeeeeeeeee that blue paper and all the butterflies!!

Monica said...

Oooohh, how clever are you??
Beautiful layout, love all those butterflies and the silhouette photo - gorgeous!!
Hugs
xoxo

sandi said...

Love this! The cutout pic along with the lace and butterfly looks fab!

Jamilie said...

Just gorgeous!!!!xo