Sunday, 6 May 2012

May Scrap Jacked is up.....


Created with this lovely photo of Paige at Easter time.  The back four pieces of 'brick wall' were made using a Prima Stencil and mist.
You can find this and the other wonderful Design Team examples HERE    




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Did this ages and ages ago and forgot to upload this here
(I'm getting sooooo forgetful!)
Cant resist a MME background - look at that fabulous weathered wood!
(weeeeell, cant resist MME anything!)


 =======================

I've been a bad bad blog hopper,
 but its all I can do to stay on top of just committments at the moment.
So I hope you forgive me not being able to hop around and leave comments. I feel guilty.... but  I've had to scale everything right back to only designing for two special places now for the time being (and I sincerely mean all the wonderful places I've designed for have all been special!)
Why?  Weeeeeell........
after 21 years of being in my ballet studio and been the perfect tenant (which  amounts to nothing these days) - we've been given notice - rather short notice, and to find another suitable has been a feat in itself.  I *think* I've got a place - so waiting on that.  What it has done is - got us thinking in many ways, and we are going to downsize our house too.  Its too big, and as much as we love it - we really only use half of it.  Soon my girls will be gone no doubt as their lives move on...
With that said, painting, new carpet - the gardens - everything attached to selling a home has been taking place and its exhausting.  Downsizing also means making decisions what goes and what will stay - this is hard hard hard.

At the moment, I'm covered in paint. Just finished Hannah's room, and Paiges is all done...
I need a shower and scrubbing brush! 
Ugh to paint in hair!


xx

11 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Big changes Happening! I HOPE PRAYER & are Crossing the Fingers you've got a studio space for the meantime...& hooray to the downsize...might seem hard atm, but it will be worth it in the end:):) LOVE your MME LO...great bg's on those papers & those cute butterflies on the Easter one are YUM...like the edge, too...think it's a stamp??? Don't answer that...you ain't got time:):):)

CorinneD. said...

Hi
Beautiful layouts!!!
have a good day!
hugs from france
Corinne

Irini said...

Like Lizzy said big changes happening!!!!!!!! good luck I am sure it will all work out perfectly!!
your layouts are stunning as usual...so inspiring!
hugz
irini

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Beautiful pages! I love the stamping on the first and all the tags on the second. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Big changes coming!! Sorry to hear about your studio! That is sad they hardly gave you notice! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!! LOVING those brick designed journal tags on the first one!

joyce said...

Beautiful work, I especially adore those little squares you inked and stamped on.

ann said...

AWwww Mandy good luck with all the changes happening and hope it all works out for the best
Hugs xxx

Jasmine S said...

Beautiful work Mandy and I too struggle to keep on top of comments. I think I am getting through it once a week at the moment so I know how you feel.

sandi said...

Wow! These are just absolutely GORGEOUS! The first is my favorite!

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow, you sound so busy, so I wish you all the best with moving and finding another place and another studio....... and your layouts are amazing.. I love both of them.. I love the feature of the brick walls, how clever that looks.. and the wood background in the second one looks fabulous.. take care, and I hope it all goes well...

myriammg said...

thanks for this amazing LO that inspired me at Scrap jacked ! have a nice day