Friday, 25 May 2012

Let's Get Shabby Challenge #35 AND Scrap Therapy Mini-Album

Let's Get Shabby's Challenge is all about the saying:

Something old
Something new
Something borrowed 
and
Something blue

HANNAH

 I've used:
Old - the lace which form the skirt
New- Butterfly wings
Borrowed- the idea from the old-fashioned paper dolls
Blue- the alpha/title - 'Fly'

I cant wait to see what you might come up with...

ALL the details are HERE

 

-------------------------------------------------------



 
working with We R Memory Keepers:

If you ever want to make a quick and easy Mini-Album especially for a gift then take a look at these 4x6pads
Anthologie
Cotton Tail
Down the Boardwalk
I've used: Good Day Sunshine
Image
Pull out the pages that work and glue back to front so when the mini-album is put together, then each page has a back and front as they are turned.
Image
I love my Crop-A-Dile as it finishes the pages off beautifully with its easy use eyelet placement and fixture. (I never 'did' eyelets before owning this tool :P :wink: )
Image
Here's the cover of the 'Mini-Album'
Image
And its pages:

One of the papers in the 4x6 pad has quotes and sentiments that can be cut and contrasts with the pages too. (I've used some MME's decorative brads and WRMKs Good Day Sunshine Trim, MME , bow trim
Image
Prima alpha
Image
Brown lace MME garland
Image
Good Day Sunshine Stickers
Image

Image

Image

Image

Hope this has given you an idea how easy a little mini-album can come together :P :wink:
--------------------------------------------------------
And I want to give a BIG thank-you to
GLORY GIRL
for the wonderful package I received in the post!
It was full of the most delicious goodies...
Hugs and again...thanks soooooo much
just gorgeous!
xx

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous Mandy!!! I loveeeeeee how you did the skirt and wings on your lo...and love love love your mini!! Just so BEAUTIFUL!!!!

sandi said...

Wow! What awesome creations! Love both! Fabulous, just fabulous!

Irini said...

Pure inspiration!!!!!! you blow me away all the time!!!!!!!
hugz
irini

Lizzy Hill said...

Hmmmm....that challenge will be 'challenging'!!!??!!! I ADORE your mini album ~ what a superb idea...really, really nice...off to sticky peek at Glory Girl:):):)

yyam said...

You make the most beautiful things Mandy. That layout just made me gasp! Gorgeous! :)

Happy weekend! :)

Adriana B said...

wow that paper fairy is amazing :)

Angela Weimer said...

Amazing page and wonderful mini album. Your projects are always so amazing and inspirational. thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Jasmine S said...

Oh my goodness. Your page is just absolutely amazing. This is truly so unique and interesting and just fabulous.
And your mini album is just great. Gorgeous texture and colours. I wish I had the patience to create a mini album. Have not attempted one for years.

Nancy said...

Beautiful page, love the colours :)
Your little book is awesome (I LOVE making books), the 'little' touches you add just make it so special--and as previously said, the texture on all your work really makes it!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

I LOVE how you have created the skirt from a piece of lace...Your paper fairy is amazing!
Janx

A Creative Operation said...

Super cute!