Saturday, 28 April 2012

Scrap Therapy Prima LO, ScrapJacked & HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Meaghan!

Here's a LO that I've played with some 'Prima Flowers' but not in the way you usually 'know' Prima Flowers to be!

Lookie here:
Image

There's three flowers - all different...
The big black one - I made from this fabulous Prima Foam Stamp. All that is needed is some black paint on the stamp and some scrap paper, stamp the image, and cut it out. (with a stamp like this you can use any colour you'd like to produce big flowers!) Oooh yes.. and used my Brick Stamp again! Weeell, I only use the bottom half of it!
Image
Sew on a Prima wooden button to finish the black flower off!

The bright pink flower is a Flocked Iron-On (and I've previously put together a tutorial HERE if you'd like to find out how to use Iron-ons) I cut out the stalk and leaves of the iron-on to show the negative of the black backing paper to show through - and balance the black flower.....
Then I used the green flocked stalk and leaves for the remaining flower...which is a pink flower from the packet Prima Lucerne Meadow Lark just enough so the petals are poking out and a round chipboard piece from Natures Garden Chipboard stickers packet is added.
Image

Prima products used:
Background paper cut into a diecut shape - Nature's Garden Espirit
Rectangle Chipboard Shape (mount under the cut-out photos)
Chipboard scroll under photo
Butterflies
Alpha - words
------------------------------
And I cant believe I forgot to blog April's Scrap Jacked!!
You'd still got a couple of days!


I think I need a slower life!
So forgetful lately - do you ever feel like you lose little things all the time...
put something down and boom....its gone!  (rolling eyes)
I find I spend more time looking for things than anything else!
sigh

--------------------------------------------------------------------



Big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Meaghan!!

Hope you have a wonderful DAY!!

We wish London wasnt so far away!!!

(photo taken when we were in Sydney together just over a week ago)

xx


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are beautiful Mandy! I loveeeeeee the butterflies!!!

Jenneke said...

Oh Mandy, I recognize the forgetful-thing ;-) I'm going downstairs to pick up something and by the time I am downstairs, I forgot what I was looking for...:-( Lol..
LOVE your pages!! The black flower is gorgeous!

XXXJenneke (do you remember who I am??)

Lizzy Hill said...

I always thought things slowed down with getting older...but now I know they speed up. Sorry to break the bad news - as if you didn't already know!! I have to say, though, these are NEAT & speedy flowers....great ideas, especially the big black one! Love the shaped LO, too:):)

Peggy said...

Mandy thank you so much for checking up on me!!! This is so strange, I was just thinking about you not more than an hour ago! Thinking about how long it has been since I've taken time out to scrap, to follow blogs, and to answer the one person who has been so sweet to check up on me, not once but several times and whom I never answered back! I'm so sorry I never wrote you back. I always meant to, but it just never did seem to happen :-( This past year I have been going through some emotional stuff which made me decide to give up on scrapping and blogging for a while, as it was (I'm sure you know) very time-consuming. But I miss it too much, and I've been longing to scrap for several weeks now. Still working on some other project at the moment, but it won't be long before you'll find me blogging again, I'm sure!
Thank you my sweetest friend for not giving up on me. And now I'm off to check out what you've been doing this past year! I'm so looking forward to having you in my life again (though you never really left!)
Hugs and kisses xxx Peggy

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Meaghan...hope you had a blast with your Mum in Sydney!!!! I am sure she was in heaven to get to spend some time with you.
Always love visiting you girlie and seeing your latest creations...you never dissappoint as they are always eye poppingly beautiful.Might have to go hunting for the brick stamp...me likey very much.
Hope you and the fam are doing well....will have to email you soon ...has been too long between chats....xx Mel

yyam said...

Ooooh....love that big bloom! What a great idea! Fabulous idea. And awesome layouts as always! :)

Irini said...

So good to see you back.....your layouts are so inspiring (as always) do you know I come to you for inspiration when I am mojo less???? seriously!!....
Happy Birthday to Meaghan I know how difficult it is our 17year old wasnt with us for her birthday! its tough!!
hugz
irini

sandi said...

wow! These are just absolutely stunning! Love the wall and shape of the background in the first and the second lo just looks so neat...fabulous design!