Friday, 2 March 2012

Working with 'My Mind's Eye' at Scrap Therapy

 Just trying to keep uptodate... I've had a shocking bout of flu, and am now on the road to recovery...
So will be blog hopping again soon! I've missed it!
 
 
For the month of March, I'm working with the delightful new releases of My Mind's Eye CHA Winter 2012 for SCRAP THERAPY 
For this little tag I've worked with 'Miss Caroline'. I love the weathered board look in this range. It reminds me of old jettys, old fences and old wooden swings hanging from trees...
Image

So being inspired by memories of the old wooden swing... I've used Fiddlesticks 'Story' Farmhouse Paper and 'boxed' a tiny length of it to make the seat and stuck it to Dolled Up 'Cute' Garden Paper(reverse side) as the tag part. A little twig from the garden became the branch and some black fibre threaded through the little box seat with large knots underneath tied the swing together...
Image

Added to decorate is Dilly Dally 'Hello' Rubons for the flowers, 'So happy to have you here' label and Dilly Dally button
Image

----------------------------------
 

This month's inspiration is decor in the HALLWAY!!

Room 1
Image


Here a new background was created for the photo by cutting out the figure
Image


By painting matching colours, it can tone down a busy paper, and by using shading, it can create depth so here I've moved from an orange through to white.
Image


Placing spots under the 'swing' like My Mind's Eye: Miss Caroline:
yelllow doily, flower, Blue 'Happy' Doily, Ribbon Date Sticker gives it depth too and brings focus to the photo.
Image
MME Miss Caroline
Howdy Doody 'Baby' Lacey Paper (orange reverse side)
Howdy Doody 'Beautiful' Whitewash Paper(blue reverse side)
Howdy Doody 'Beautiful' Roses Paper (floral)
Lost and Found Christmas Trim


Room 2
Image

I just love hexagons! (made a cardboard stencil from a maths site online) I've picked up the shape and some of the colour here 
Image


And I've used three stickers layered over each other to make the sign
Miss Caroline: bottom yellow label, squarish label, 'such a happy day' label
Image

MME
Miss Caroline:
Dolled Up 'Favorite' Decorate Paper (weathered board flower paper)
Dolled Up 'Favorite' Madras Paper (Blue reverse side)
Stella and Rose:
Decorative Brads 
Mabel 'Love' Trinkets (butterfly)
Gertie 'Delightful' Trim


Room 3
Image

Used the design of the vertical shape here, so the fabulous MME Miss Caroline's Fiddlesticks 'Story' Farmhouse Paper was great! I've picked up some colour with the photo and embellies
Image


Each panel is cut out.
Image


And strung like a fence going under and over with the string
Image


Using Miss Caroline's Dolled Up Day Butterfly Paper cut out some of the little butterflies (this is an inexpensive way to always have butterflies for you scrapping if you dont mind cutting out!)
Wrapping some black fibre (or the like) around the butterfly can give definition and some little antenae 
Image


Adding buttons creates some colour too Miss Caroline Dilly Dally and Lost&Found Rose Love Buttons
Image
Miss Caroline:
Dilly Dally 'Best' Checkered PaperBackground Paper (reverse side)
Dolled Up 'Princess' Lace Paper Pink mount for the photos (reverse side)
Fiddlestickes 'Love' Journal Paper (Noteworthy journal block)
So Sophie red alpha

Hope to see you there and taking part! There's a great $25 voucher prize to be won!
Here's the link


18 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. I do hope you are totally well soon... wow.. i love all of these.. each one has merit and each one is different and beautiful.. and thank you for showing closeups and how you have done things.. it is so good when scrappers share things like that cos we all learn from each other.. i love how you have done the fence.. and hexagons are showing up on layouts lately.. these look fabulous!! and yes the paint does soften the papers, and the cut out photo is stunning... thanks for all the inspiration!!

Lizzy Hill said...

You poor thing - hope you're feeling on top of it soon. You're totally swingin' here with these LO's [sorry:):)]...Ditto the Other Lizzy. She speaks for me. Hi Lizzy:):) TFS!!!

phillipa said...

Fab work Mandy! As soon as I saw the pic with hexagons I immediately thought that's what I would do! Love the way you have cut the swing out from the photo. Hope you are feeling better soon...I think having the flu in the summer is totally woeful and I think we always feel worse xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow!!! Mandy, these creations have taken my breath away!!! Sorry you've been sick! Hope you are 100% really soon!!!

BTW - what paints did you use for the swinging layout? They look awesome!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hoping you are feeling better now! I love love love love all of these!!! That first and second ones with the swings are just AWESOME!! WOW!! You always AMAZE and INSPIRE me!!!

Nancy said...

I just love how you put things together! The colours, shapes and textures~Wow :)
Glad you're feeling better. I've been away on a bit of a holiday and missed the last few posts, but they are just gorgeous and like the others say, you are such an inspiration :)

ann said...

Glad you are on the road to recovery.
Love your beautiful creations and the hexagon stencil Ohh so much fiddley cutting.
Enjoy your week end xx

Jenny said...

Seriously magical work Mandy... LOVE what you are doing... the cut out photo in Swing High... and the panels in Kayaker... gorgeous papers too... and just adore the garden swing on your tag... you are so incredibly inspirational... hope you are feeling well again soon...

Hugs
Jenny x

Dora said...

I love that label, very inspirational!
and that lo wow how creative!

Cathy said...

WOW Mandy adore all your gorgeous creations.. loving the mixed media technique and your tutorial on the fence is fantastic!! Hope you are feeling better soon :))

sandi said...

wow! What awesome creations! Love all of them!

Samantha said...

So glad to hear your on the mend, totally love what you have created with months colour rooms, love the different techniques you use got me inspired! (hugs)

Inge said...

Get well soon! You label is so great and I love the way you used the MME papers on your LO's, especially on the last one :-)

Sue Althouse said...

Hope you are feeling much better! What lovely work, love how you translated the inspiration onto your creations!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my, can you see my jaw drop to the ground, WOW, awesome work there!!! Love love love that tag!
And the layouts are wonderful as well, I particularly love the painted background with that swing picture.
You are such an inspiration!!!!

Sandra said...

Loving your room challenges! and that little swing on the card/tag is amazing :) Hope you are feeling better soon.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell but I see it didn't affect your crafting capabilities. More fabulousnes from you, it seems that whatever you turn your hand to come out wonderfully ! Once again I ma totally awed by your talent.

Marie

:) Tiff said...

my goodness me..... your creativity is amazing..... love how you think out of the box!!!


xxx

tiff