Sunday, 25 March 2012

Let's Get Shabby, MME Card and PanPastel



The criteria for Challenge #33 is up for


go check it out, its a 'Spring and/or Easter' theme
with an inspiration picture!

Here's my interpretation
(had trouble photographing with the reflection!)



I was inspired by the colour !

Some of the products I've used are from our Sponsor's etsy
and I received this fabulous parcel!

Arent the little birds and  birdhouses cute.  I used them  and also used the green and pink trim, clouds, red seam  binding and doilies for my Easter bottles(bottles bought at a local store)...  I think these little altered bottles will be among the centrepiece on my Easter table!  Especially since Meaghan will be missing this year - *insert sad face* (she lives in London)

I hope you can join our challenge!!

--------------------------






Created a gate card for this and really enjoyed the process.
LOL, I dont call myself a card maker at all, but lately I'm enjoying this more and more!



Products used:
Miss Caroline:
Fiddlesticks 'You and Me' Bloom Paper (Yellow gingham)
Dolled Up 'Favorite' Madras Paper (blue paper)
Fiddlesticks 'Story' Farmhouse Paper (one layer of the flower)
Dolled Up 'Day' Sticker (doily trim)
Dilly Dally 'Hello' Rub-on Transfers (red flower)

Follow Your Heart Decorative Brads
12 Days of Christmas Trims (blue twine)

(most available at Scrap Therapy)

--------------------------------------------




Playing with Pan Pastel

Here's a page out of a little vintage German book I've been altering
It will be a book of life quotes for one of my daughters when its finished


Using a large sponge, lightly spread 'Turquoise' over the page



adding 'Bright Yellow Green' in patches


Then a light rub of white to tone it down and blend together a bit more



the alpha is from Purple Onion Designs  'Small Broken15 Alphabet'  I have the large one too and LOVE the font!


Made a mistake!!  In my haste, when I did the butterfly page, I forgot to spray the fixative over the pastel before stamping!!!!  So the stamp image (stazon ink) bled a little - rest assured it didnt happen when I did my alpha page... did the fixative first - then stamped!  (rolling eyes - cant believe I did that!)

xx

11 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love the breadth of projects..especially your Easter bottles/jars! They're a neat idea....& The Book looks great fun, too [fixative or not!] ~ I' m a 'sucker' for such sayings:):)

Julie said...

gorgeous love the quote book

yaranore said...

I love thuis.
Vind je dochter vast heel erg leuk
Gr. Nel

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee those jars!! So FUN!!!

glorygirl said...

Love your altered book of quotes so much! What a great idea to make these for your daughters. They will surely cherish your designs, the beauty of the book and the time you took to make it for them!!!

jacirascrap said...

Um projeto super divertido para o Let's Get Shabby!! também gostei muito de suas flores no livro!

sandi said...

Love, love, love oyur creations! Simply fab!

Adriana B said...

totally gorgeous projects, love love the book with stamping :)

Lizzyc said...

Hi these are really beautiful and different creations.. very imaginative and creative.. Love them..

коротич дарья said...

i'm shocked... i haven't visited your blog for nearly 3 weeks and now i even had to take a break while looking all this beautiful - beautiful - beautiful stuff! Every your project is a surprise for me, not only a surprise, but a reason to wonder.

Jenneke said...

LOVE your projects, Mandy!! The jars are fabulous!! And that old book with quotes is so beautiful!
So Megan is still in London?? I thought it was only for a short time? Do you already know when she'll be back? You must miss her very much...

Big hug, Jenneke